Game crashes after backing up to 1.26

VanHelsing37

Re: Game crashes after backing up to 1.26

#11 Post by VanHelsing37 » 26 Mar 2017 22:20

unistal and get again Steam on a new folder c/steam play 1,27 and whayt to MP2 ubgrades....... i donwgroud and i whean i try back on 1,27 game canot load so i unistal game and steam and make new folder for steam........soo i play now ,1.27 and whayt a MP to finis ubgrades.....
BK Vissers

#12 Post by BK Vissers » 27 Mar 2017 03:03

I suggest you retry what Axel said, but use a profile backup with 1.26 in the folder name rather than 1.27.

In short:

Uninstall the game via Steam.

Reinstall, but make sure you selected in the BETAS tab 1.26x compatibility version

Run the game, it will ask to make a profile. Let it. Leave the game and then replace the contents of that profile folder with one of the 1.26 (not 1.27) .bak folders

See if that works. No harm in trying. I reverted to 1.26 from 1.27 and have all my profiles working.
Axel Slingerland

#13 Post by Axel Slingerland » 27 Mar 2017 04:45

Kovalchuk22 wrote:but now it started crashing when i'm taking a quick job
Should i just start a new profile and give up?
I would. Then again, I always make a new profile for a new version. You should also try what BK Vissers suggested, because you're trying to fix your old version, not trying to update to a new one. But if you do, what would it hurt to restart if it isn't working right anyway? If you end up starting over it really isn't that big of a deal. The way I play the game, I made a "Quick Start" mod, so I can make a new profile and have my usual truck and however much money I had when I restarted, and just start exploring the map again. And when I "discover" most of the roads, I start over again. I guess I just like driving...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers

Return to “Technical Problems”