Job Info window glitch

bcote25

Job Info window glitch

#1 Post by bcote25 » 27 Mar 2017 20:42

Has anyone ever had a glitch of the Job Info screen (F7 by default) where it has a box the width of the job info screen that starts at the top of the whole screen and goes until half way down the job info area that's just full of "S?" repeating itself through the whole thing? (I can provide a screenshot if desired.)
Also, I have tried closing the game completely and restarting it and it's still there whenever viewing the job info screen. I have not made any changes to the game when playing today. I had looked at that screen a couple times during a previous delivery. When I picked up the next one however, there it was.
Lastly, it doesn't affect the game in anyway other than making it difficult to read the job info

Edit: Now that I think about it, I'm wondering if it's specific to the trailer in which i just picked up. IE, if it's a trailer type added from Promods. I have never seen this happen before and have been using the Promods mod that adds trailers for many months. I will update after the next day I play or as soon as I finish this delivery whether or not the glitch persists with the next trailer/load and will take a delivery that is on a vanila trailer just to make sure (as well as a different Promods trailer after that. If it does not persist. I will update this post.
(It is a load of tomatoes on a custom promods added trailer skin)
Regardless, I would still like feedback if anyone else has experienced this glitch, thank you
[ external image ]
Last edited by bcote25 on 28 Mar 2017 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
IonutL

Re: Job Info window glitch

#2 Post by IonutL » 28 Mar 2017 08:34

Just to be sure, you should have posted a screenshot. But if your issue is the one that i remember, it's related to unusual characters in trailer's name, such as russian letters, maybe greek or any other non latin symbols.
bcote25

#3 Post by bcote25 » 28 Mar 2017 20:13

@IonutL: There, I have updated the original post with my screenshot of the jobs info window. I hope that helps
IonutL

#4 Post by IonutL » 28 Mar 2017 21:35

I don't know how you can resolve it but i've found my other post about it:viewtopic.php?f=8&t=224947&p=676782#p676782
bcote25

#5 Post by bcote25 » 29 Mar 2017 18:57

@IonutL: Ah, I see. I viewed both threads. I also see why I wasn't able to find this bug when searching the forums...diff letter on each, haha
Also explains why it's not with every trailer. I am content with leaving it as is for now since I know it won't affect anything important
Conclusion, ignore and contort eyes and head for now to attempt to read text behind the gibberish :lol:
I appreciate your time 8-)

Return to “Technical Problems”