many many 1.27 dx9 errors

Grimples

Re: many many 1.27 dx9 errors

#11 Post by Grimples » 29 Apr 2017 03:13

It's done :D all mods are now clean, including Skleroza_taxi_traffic_1.2 & Skleroza_company_cars_in_traffic_v1.0.

Mods i use that needed to be done:
no_deadend_by_knox_xss
sewer_mod1.4
GTM_RJL_cab_sidebars
GTM_RJL_Kelsa_double_roofbar
GTM_SCS_Kelsa_double_roofbar
hella_auxiliary_light_pack_abasstreppas
hella_luminator_led
P8_light
ats_desktop_garage

Many thanks Ax ;)
Blackspots

#12 Post by Blackspots » 29 Apr 2017 04:00

Axel Slingerland wrote:
Logitech Profiler:
C:\Games\ETS2 - 1.27\bin\win_x64\eurotrucks2.exe -nointro -homedir "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\ETS2 - 1.27" -conversion_dump_path c:\Games\conversion_dump

Windows Shortcut:
"C:\Games\ETS2 - 1.27\bin\win_x64\eurotrucks2.exe" -nointro -homedir "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\ETS2 - 1.27" -conversion_dump_path c:\Games\conversion_dump
Why is it necessary to have yours set up this way? Especially the homedir? ETS2 should always be in the X:/program files (x86)/Steam/steamapp/common/ (or something like that) folder of Steam.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Axel Slingerland

#13 Post by Axel Slingerland » 29 Apr 2017 04:40

Because I don't use Steam, and neither does Grimples... ETS2 was out before SCS started doing business with Steam, and there are quite a few of us who won't go there.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
SlavikSD

#14 Post by SlavikSD » 29 Apr 2017 12:54

ShirBlackspots wrote:ETS2 should always be in the X:/program files (x86)/Steam/steamapp/common/ (or something like that) folder of Steam.
It's not necessary. My Steam is on drive C and the game is installed on drive D. They are very good friends and are not fighting :)
Blackspots

#15 Post by Blackspots » 29 Apr 2017 19:02

The drive letter X is only used as a generic replacement. Steam and the game is installed on D:\ on my computer. (I have a 128GB SSD for the C:\ drive)
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Roadkill

#16 Post by Roadkill » 30 Apr 2017 00:05

Grimples wrote:It's done :D all mods are now clean, including Skleroza_taxi_traffic_1.2 & Skleroza_company_cars_in_traffic_v1.0.

Many thanks Ax ;)

Way to go Grimples! You're a great inspiration. It's not that difficult, mostly time consuming. Why so many still that have not been converted by the authors is a mystery.
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.
Axel Slingerland

#17 Post by Axel Slingerland » 30 Apr 2017 09:12

Yes, indeed. Good job, Grimples! I knew you could do it...
[ external image ]

Elmer BeFuddled

#18 Post by Elmer BeFuddled » 03 May 2017 19:32

Axel Slingerland wrote:Because I don't use Steam, and neither does Grimples... ETS2 was out before SCS started doing business with Steam, and there are quite a few of us who won't go there.
I'm just quoting to get your attention (but I wholeheartedly agree, steam adds nothing to what the game does). But...

Cheers Ax. I have my own "mod" made up of some of my own adjustments and all those seemingly igsignificant minor mods that somehow tweak my game to perfection. My "mod" on v1.27 is incompatible and therefore doesn't load and my game experience is (politely) crap. Looking forward to following this through.

Time off work might help though!!!
I'm writing a book on plagiarism. It wasn't my idea.
Nothing is foolproof to the talented fool.

EBF ETS2 Satellite Map For ProMods, RusMap etc..
ETS2 v1.18.x Satellite Map Background
Road Atlas Map Backgrounds
Axel Slingerland

#19 Post by Axel Slingerland » 03 May 2017 21:11

I think that may be because SCS moved things around more so than they usually do in the 1.27 update. For example, if you had a no damage mod, they have all the damage information in def\damage_data.sii, if you have edited the fines from getting tickets, they moved that to def\police_data.sii. or if you have edited the Route Advisor colors, they moved that to def\map_data.sii. And of course, there more in the def folder, and there could be tons of other stuff I am not aware of. But it seems they put things in more logical places than they were in before.
[ external image ]

Return to “Technical Problems”