many many 1.27 dx9 errors

Grimples

many many 1.27 dx9 errors

#1 Post by Grimples » 28 Apr 2017 12:13

Getting hundreds of these.

Code: Select all

<ERROR> [dx9] Failed to lock vertex buffer range of 720 bytes at offset 0. [0x8876086a]
The log file exceeded its limit size, truncated.
No mods with DLC's East, North & France.

XP SP3
AMD FX 4300 Quad Core
NVidia GeForce GTX 750i 2gb
4gb ram (i know only 3gb is used)

version 1.26.2.4 works great with 4.89gb of mods.
Grimples

Re: many many 1.27 dx9 errors

#2 Post by Grimples » 28 Apr 2017 12:49

Removed France DLC & the errors are gone. Game & DLC versions are all 1.27.1.6.
m1keY

#3 Post by m1keY » 28 Apr 2017 17:49

don't know much, but as the game has been transfered from CPU to GPU I think the 2gb is on the lower side of specs

have you tried the optimization options with nvidia experience for the game :?:

any ideas of upgrading to atleast Win7 :?:
Blackspots

#4 Post by Blackspots » 28 Apr 2017 18:17

You're living a dangerous life still running XP, it's no longer supported by Microsoft. Also, time for a new computer. Most of your problems come from running that ancient computer.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#5 Post by Mohegan13 » 28 Apr 2017 18:32

It's not the GPU. I have the same card and it performs superbly for a budget build. 1080p 200% scaling 55fps (down to 25/30 in cities though) and that's on a mod heavy profile with lots of polybomb trailers and trucks in AI. :D
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Axel Slingerland

#6 Post by Axel Slingerland » 28 Apr 2017 19:20

Isn't that a memory thing? I used to have similar problems when I was running XP, and solved it by reducing the size of some of the images in my mods. For example, I had a skin on my truck that was a 4096x4096 .dds image. I reduced the size of it to 2048x2048, and I couldn't really tell the difference in how it looked. That could be because my vision sucks, but then again maybe not.

So I went through all of my mods and did the same to all images that were large. That dropped my over all memory usage and the errors disappeared. I don't have many mods as I don't particularly like playing "Upgrade Upgrade" every time a new game upgrade comes out. I used to, but quickly learned that having a lot of mods can be a pain in the petunias. I only have 12 at the moment so that when I need to upgrade, it isn't a major time consuming project.

You might want to try this and see if it helps, as I like the France DLC and wouldn't want to remove it.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Grimples

#7 Post by Grimples » 28 Apr 2017 19:48

No debate on my XP, you dont know me. I have no interest in these modern hightec games, the games i do like are ancient like me :lol: Am also quite happy using game version 1.26, i just thought i would try 1.27, i have nothing better to do.

My PC can run most of Jazzycats mods + ProMods (not using PM atm) just fine at 200% scaling & FXAA enabled in the NV control panel. Anyways the problem is gone, i remembered troubleshoot_dx9.cmd, tried it with no probs ingame, tried various other things & now the game works Ok so far, not sure what fixed it. Am now in the process of installing mods, only Jazzycats left. I do have some 'pmg has incorrect file version', are these something i should be concerned about as the mods still seem to work Ok. Also i am not seeing any Combines or Tractors but i have noticed the police cars.

Thankyou
Axel Slingerland

#8 Post by Axel Slingerland » 28 Apr 2017 23:56

Grimples wrote:I do have some 'pmg has incorrect file version', are these something i should be concerned about as the mods still seem to work Ok.
You can fix those using the start command switch -conversion_dump_path. First you have to create a folder for the new files to be placed in, such as I use C:\games\conversion_dump. I would also unpack the mod that needs to be updated in a temp folder so you can add the converted files to it after they are converted. Then you add the command switch to your game shortcut. I use the Logitech Profiler but you can use a standard Windows shortcut. Here's the command for both that I use, you'll probably notice the only difference is the placement of "'s in the commands. Change the sections I have highlighted in orange to your own path.

Logitech Profiler:
C:\Games\ETS2 - 1.27\bin\win_x64\eurotrucks2.exe -nointro -homedir "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\ETS2 - 1.27" -conversion_dump_path c:\Games\conversion_dump

Windows Shortcut:
"C:\Games\ETS2 - 1.27\bin\win_x64\eurotrucks2.exe" -nointro -homedir "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\ETS2 - 1.27" -conversion_dump_path c:\Games\conversion_dump

After you set that up and you run the game, things will get converted as you pass them in the game. It doesn't happen all at once. After you close the game, you have to go to the conversion_dump folder and copy the files to their proper folders for your mod, and make a new copy. The conversion process does not do that, so you have to know where the files go and put them there yourself.

Good luck!
[ external image ]

Grimples

#9 Post by Grimples » 29 Apr 2017 01:26

:? :o :shock:
Axel Slingerland

#10 Post by Axel Slingerland » 29 Apr 2017 02:24

I know... I thought what you're thinking too at first. But it's really not that big of a deal. You should try it. You don't have a bunch of mods you don't really use too, do you? If you do, it might take awhile to upgrade them all.

Something I forgot to mention, is that the game throws all files it upgrades into their proper folders, but if it upgrades files from different mods, it could be hard to tell what goes where. So I recommend that you make a new profile and upgrade one mod at a time. Just to keep things organized...
[ external image ]

Return to “Technical Problems”