Ets 1.27 map problem

MrAndrey12

Ets 1.27 map problem

#1 Post by MrAndrey12 » 09 May 2017 20:16

Hello common during the map named romap but I try to convert the map to 1.27 but fail.

Code: Select all

<WARNING> [model] Model geometry '/model/vegetation_ats/desert/bush1.pmg' has incorrect file version 506d6713 - expected version 506d6714
i have this error how i can fix fast ?
Axel Slingerland

Re: Ets 1.27 map problem

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 10 May 2017 03:59

Read this:
Axel Slingerland wrote:You can fix those using the start command switch -conversion_dump_path. First you have to create a folder for the new files to be placed in, such as I use C:\games\conversion_dump. I would also unpack the mod that needs to be updated in a temp folder so you can add the converted files to it after they are converted. Then you add the command switch to your game shortcut. I use the Logitech Profiler but you can use a standard Windows shortcut. Here's the command for both that I use, you'll probably notice the only difference is the placement of "'s in the commands. Change the sections I have highlighted in orange to your own path.

Logitech Profiler:
C:\Games\ETS2 - 1.27\bin\win_x64\eurotrucks2.exe -nointro -homedir "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\ETS2 - 1.27" -conversion_dump_path c:\Games\conversion_dump

Windows Shortcut:
"C:\Games\ETS2 - 1.27\bin\win_x64\eurotrucks2.exe" -nointro -homedir "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\ETS2 - 1.27" -conversion_dump_path c:\Games\conversion_dump

After you set that up and you run the game, things will get converted as you pass them in the game. It doesn't happen all at once. After you close the game, you have to go to the conversion_dump folder and copy the files to their proper folders for your mod, and make a new copy. The conversion process does not do that, so you have to know where the files go and put them there yourself.

Good luck!
This will fix it. But as I said there, things will get converted as you pass them in the game. That means it will not be fast, but most likely a long, tedious process for a map mod, as you will have to drive every last road in the mod to convert every model in the mod.

This process will also convert old format models from any other mod as you pass them, so unless you want to have to sort out what goes where, I strongly recommend that you only activate one mod that had models that need to be converted at a time.

However, if I recall correctly (I only used 1.27 for a short time and decided to go back to 1.26), I don't think these warnings cause any problems and the game will function normally. The real problem is that if you ever do have a problem that does cause the game to crash, you will then have "increased difficulty" looking through the game.log.txt file to find it due to all the warnings.

Good luck!
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
MrAndrey12

#3 Post by MrAndrey12 » 10 May 2017 13:02

:D If you don't you could do a video since I can't make it any how?
Last edited by Centrino2 on 10 May 2017 18:07, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Read Forum Rules
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 30 May 2017 07:41

I don't make videos. If you can't follow the instructions I wrote, I can't help you.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
m1keY

#5 Post by m1keY » 30 May 2017 14:37

it's said in gamelog when this command is activated that it's only the last resort ...if all else fails to use it

I have noticed that some things isn't converted properly with this method so I would suggest contact the modauthor and ask for an update ;)

with mapmodels and similar stuff it might rotate the model within or something like that :P

Return to “Technical Problems”