Triple Screen - Bezel Correction? FOV & "Fisheye" Effect?

Komat
SCS Software

Re: Triple Screen - Bezel Correction? FOV & "Fisheye" Effect

#11 Post by Komat » 27 Nov 2013 09:36

djfil wrote:This is getting lot better already. One more thing I'd love to know. Which setting is it to lower the camera height (not angle)? And what is the value representing (cm/inches/pixels)?
It is the head_offset parameter of the camera. It is offset in meters from the default position stored in the model.
djfil

#12 Post by djfil » 27 Nov 2013 16:34

Thank you so much for the help. Took me a bit... but my current truck camera is looking awesome. For anyone else reading this... head offset goes (left/right, forward/back, up/down). I thought the X,Y were opposite... Z always made sense.

Here's my final result... http://i.imgur.com/TebMMdb.jpg?1.

While not perfect to real-life (115 fov according to iRacing calculator, and I'm using 135 with a few head offsets)... this setup makes sense for me. I can see window to window, and I do need to turn my head to see side to side and to correctly see all my mirrors. The top of my wheel and blinkers are viewable (speed/gear/fuel via HUD/GPS is fine with me), and this will be good until I can find a dash app (iOS) or Fanaleds adds blinker support for segment displays (like that found on my Fanatec GT3 RS V2)... once I have an app, I'll likely raise the camera so I can only see the top edge of the steering wheel rim. And most importantly... no crazy camera warp/wrap!

Leads me to one (hopefully) last question. Is there an easy way to test the camera file for each cab? Would love to create a proper set of cameras for every truck and then share my triple screen fov mod with the community.
djfil

#13 Post by djfil » 04 Jan 2014 00:32

Just wanted to ask one more time... Is there an easy way to test the camera file for each cab? I only have one vehicle purchased... but I'd love it if I could set the camera's for every cab, and then release the camera mod file for others using triple screen setups. Thanks.
Cadde

#14 Post by Cadde » 04 Jan 2014 02:47

Unfortunately not that i am aware of.

What i do is i start the game with the "-nointro" launch parameter. If you make a temporary RAM drive and start the game from there it should start in no time.
I haven't tried that myself though, i feel my SSD is fast enough for the purposes of this.

That said, i would love to know a console command that could force a reload of a particular mod file that updates the game as fast as possible with the new values.
On extended hiatus.
CJoke

#15 Post by CJoke » 09 Jan 2014 09:07

djfil wrote:Just wanted to ask one more time... Is there an easy way to test the camera file for each cab? I only have one vehicle purchased... but I'd love it if I could set the camera's for every cab, and then release the camera mod file for others using triple screen setups. Thanks.
make a new profile and cheat it into the hell... :shock:
Flemming V
Global moderator

#16 Post by Flemming V » 09 Jan 2014 10:33

Cadde wrote:That said, i would love to know a console command that could force a reload of a particular mod file that updates the game as fast as possible with the new values.
When ever I have updated a mod and need to reload it, I go to profile screen, copy the mod over and load the profile again.
But I bet you already knew that. This only takes what.... 4 seconds or so. Don't think there is a faster way.
No matter what, you need to do this, while you can not update an mod on the harddrive which is in use.
So a console command would also be needed to switch this mod off to overwrite it, else it would not make sence to update/refresh it in game.
Cadde

#17 Post by Cadde » 09 Jan 2014 15:10

Thanks Flemming V, but yeah. Copying and activating it in profile is more work than ALT+F4 and starting the game again.
Best would be if the game didn't keep the handle open and when you updated the file it would re-read it in real time.
On extended hiatus.
Saint_Edmund

#18 Post by Saint_Edmund » 31 Jan 2014 13:27

djfil wrote: Here's my final result... http://i.imgur.com/TebMMdb.jpg?1.
I want mine to look like this but I don't know how to edit the .scs files or what file.
Can you help me please.

Its ok I did some research and have got it to look much better :)
[ external image ]
fluffybunny

#19 Post by fluffybunny » 02 Jun 2014 00:40

Hey everyone, I got this to work great for internal views, but my external view it does this..

http://tinypic.com/m/i516hy/1

basicly everything as you can see in the picture is squished, is there any fix for that?

Thanks guys!
Ragnar

#20 Post by Ragnar » 03 Sep 2017 23:55

Saint_Edmund wrote: 31 Jan 2014 13:27 I want mine to look like this but I don't know how to edit the .scs files or what file.
Can you help me please.

Its ok I did some research and have got it to look much better :)
http://i60.tinypic.com/263ucuu.jpg
I just got into Euro Truck Simulator, and am messing around with the settings trying to get my multi-monitor setup to look good. Yours looks really nice, do you mind sharing the setting you used?
Last edited by Reef on 04 Sep 2017 09:26, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please don't quote images, remove the [img] tags before posting. Also removed pyramid (quote within quote) Please be sure to read the forum rules and guidelines

Return to “Technical Problems”