SCS Software

message board
It is currently 30 May 2017 09:17

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2017 00:23 

Is it possible to set the G27 shifter to function in sequential transmission mode? I simply cannot work the clutch pedal while trying to use the H shifter mode and it's getting kind of boring just moving the stick up and down to shift in real automatic mode...for some reason when using H shifter(or trying to use it) when I step on the brake the engine stalls so as you can see it's far too complex for me to use that system.

I'd like to see SCS add a clutch free shifting mode for the H shifter for those of us who find the clutch too complex to use in a future update for both games. I don't believe that it's possible to map the shifter to the keyboard shortcuts used for sequential shifting without a wheel/shifter combo.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2017 09:33 

its there for a long time already.
just setup h-shifter and cancel binding for clutch axis. the game will use clutch itself based on your shifting.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2017 17:32 

I looked at the settings in H shifter just before posting my question and even after trying that it still doesn't shift using the actual shifter,just via the keyboard defaults for sequential shifting. I'll try it again however.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017 12:01 

You may well have to bind which shifter buttons you want to use for up and down.

Cheers
Mike

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017 13:35 

I got lazy and went from H to Real Auto.

Auto works on the H shifter, F, N & R. By default, that is the 3rd and 4th gear slots..

I have set a key to switch to Sequential..

Then I set an up and down button for the gears.. The G27 has paddles for this reason..

The H shifter has switches that stay on when in gear, but the Sequential requires a momentary on switch. So I doubt you will be able to set the up and down for seq onto the H shifter.

My car has an auto/sequential gear box, you select P,D,N and R, but then if you move the gear lever to the left, then it switches to Sequential, and you push forward or pull back to go up and down the gears, when in this mode, the stick self centres..

I only have experience with Auto FH Volvos with iSelect. They have a sequential setting on the main stick, then 2 thumb buttons for up and down..

EE

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017 23:48 

Go visit Ut**be and fill in to search fore "G27 sequential shifter mod" by TwinTurbo250MK2. Look at the video and find some rubber strings in the house and
apply them as shown in the vid. I did and it worked like a charm.
Good luck, if I can you can. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017 10:03 

... or you can use regular h-shifter logic and layout just without clutch.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017 12:32 

I use sequential/automatic , I assign 3rd to shift up 4th to shift down 1st to toggle automatic/sequential. I use automatic in city when traffic is heavy and switch to sequential when I want more rpm control on switchbacks or steep terrain. 2nd to engine brake 5th to increase cruise control and 6th to decrease cruise control. Some people don't realize you can assign shifter positions to any function you like. This configuration allows me to perform most driving tasks without taking my hand off the shifter. On the Wheel top left red is horn, middle red is hazards bottom left red is high beam. Top right red is set cruise, middle red is map mode bottom red is trailer brake.
Joy hat switch up is zoom interior camera, Joy hat switch down is route advisor mode, Joy hat switch left is dashboard map mode, Joy hat switch right is route advisor navigation page.
First left red button is light modes, second red is differential lock, third red is trailer attach/detach and fourth red is quick save.
One mouse button used to toggle engine brake, mouse scroll wheel up is engine brake increase, scroll wheel down is engine brake decrease. Another mouse button is for wipers. Left click retarder increase, right click retarder decease.