Request: Adjustable sleep time .

Would you like to see Adjustable Sleep Time added to the game?

Yes
97%
No
3%

Total votes: 30

mitsoswu

Request: Adjustable sleep time .

#1 Post by mitsoswu » 29 Apr 2017 00:14

Hello there !

I would like to add a Request :
Is it possible to add on the gameplay, adjustable sleeping time on the Truck ?

For example: I forgot to go to sleep after the earlier delivery ... well, actually my driver was not fully tired on that job.
But then, after that job, i was delivering something else and i need to deliver it in 5 game hours .... but the truck driver gets "sleepy".
If i go sleeping, it always wakes up automatically after 8 or 9 hours or something ..
so after waking up, delivered the trailer, i got a penalty for "too late" delivery. :cry: .... and no money

I would like to have an option like ... sleeping time for 2 hours, 4 hours 5 ....etc

IF you agree with this, leave a comment below.
would that be helpful ?
Last edited by Axel Slingerland on 29 Apr 2017 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added a Poll.
Axel Slingerland

Re: Request: Adjustable sleep time .

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 29 Apr 2017 03:29

I think that would be helpful to a lot of people. However, did you know that you can do that with a simple mod? If you extract the game's def.scs file, there is a file in it named economy_data.sii. It's just a simple text file. In it you can edit the numbers I have highlighted below to change how long you can drive and how long you are forced to sleep at one time:

maximum_driving_time: 660 # how long the driver can drive (in minutes)
sleeping_time: 540 # length of sleep (in minutes)

Or, you can do what I do and just disable the Fatigue Simulation in the game's Options and use the Developer's Console to advance time however many hours you want. I prefer that method because it's more realistic in my opinion to rest at a time of my own choice.

If you have any other suggestions, please review the Feature Wishlists and Suggestions Guidelines for ETS2. And don't forget your Polls! That would be very helpful for everyone.

Good luck!
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Grimples

#3 Post by Grimples » 29 Apr 2017 05:07

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=202336&start=1970#p730508

(edit)
Ax, your link to the Dev console is broke, i had to remove the WWW, not everyone is as intelligent as i :D
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 29 Apr 2017 07:17

Thanks... All fixed. One of these years I'll remember not to do that. [ external image ]
[ external image ]

piva

#5 Post by piva » 29 Apr 2017 07:35

I want console command like
sleep_time <hours> <minutes>
no more else :lol:
Grimples

#6 Post by Grimples » 01 May 2017 10:55

Ax. So where do you park when you fake sleep with advance time, do you just pull over somewhere. Not tried g_set_time yet but i am thinking of trying it so i can just pull over & fake sleep. I have my driving time set to 12 hours & my sleep time set to 5 hours but i always sleep twice, only once if i have 5 or more hours driving time left. I will still stick with 12 hours driving time & (fake) sleep 10 hours, 8 hours sleep & 2 hours to sh#t, shave, shower & shove some food down my neck :lol:
Axel Slingerland

#7 Post by Axel Slingerland » 01 May 2017 16:50

You can stop anywhere, it doesn't matter if you aren't using the Fatigue Simulator. Or, if your on a nice strait stretch of road, you're going down the road strait and you're quick about it you can even do it while you're driving. It's a good idea to make sure your g_set_time x command is on top of the Dev Console command list so it is the first one that comes up when you open it. But even if it's in the top 4 or 5 it's usually ok. I find it much more convenient that when you reach the time your "driver" need to rest, regardless of whether you go by realistic time frames or not, to just advance time until the time you start driving the next "work" day.
[ external image ]

Grimples

#8 Post by Grimples » 01 May 2017 17:36

I know it dont matter where you do it, i wanted to know if you try to keep it realistic, like do you park up like you would if you using the fatigue sim. I go through the motions, parking brake on, everything else off & then sleep. If i do decide to use the time lapse i will still go through motions, it's part of the process i suppose.
Axel Slingerland

#9 Post by Axel Slingerland » 01 May 2017 20:16

I just like to drive, specially since I get to do so little driving IRL anymore. I need a new pair of glasses before I can drive again.
[ external image ]

Cyrus Ramsey

#10 Post by Cyrus Ramsey » 02 May 2017 02:54

The advantage of fake sleeping is that you can use parking areas that are clearly suited for this use but are no "official" sleeping places for the fatigue simulation. And you can finally use these little rest areas in France that just kept ignoring your truck previously.

Cheers

C.
I hope to play Australian Truck Simulator with Kenworth K200 one day.
My 10-speed gearbox settings
»You appear to be in one piece. I don’t think you’re in danger of becoming the next Cyrus Ramsey.« (Dr. Phlox, Star Trek: Enterprise)

Return to “Gameplay Questions”