3 or 4 gamehours upon arrival

Jaikstheuggle

3 or 4 gamehours upon arrival

#1 Post by Jaikstheuggle » 21 May 2017 08:46

Somehow it happens every time...the 3 or 4 hours upon arrival the AI traffice always manages to bump into me one way or another , no matter how long my deliverytime is.
Is this programmed to do so ? Ive learned to slow down and take my time with deliveries, but even so ..AI traffic seems persistent...

And the Gamebased sleeping pattern (which undoubtedly is turned off by most players) doesnt work very well...its always exactly 10 hours later (with a 3 hour extended time you should find your sleepingspot) , as a player i would like too be the one myself to decide on when i want to drive and want to sleep, without it interfering in my deliveryscedule making the delivery overdue at that point.
For example its : 2200 hours in the evening and want to sleep , but if youve just driven 3 hours so far , youll have to sleep again at the 13th hours since then(10 hours after that ) but the sooner you started sleeping the more issues you get to deliver on time , as your next sleepingtime, might show up right before delivery...making you have to sleep twice in a perhaps officially sceduled as one sleeptime for the delivery. therefor there should be a way to avoid a `forced `sleepingmoment in such cases...

those two subjects need a little discussion.. :roll:
Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: 3 or 4 gamehours upon arrival

#2 Post by Mohegan13 » 21 May 2017 09:14

If you're taking the most appropriate route and driving to the limit you should always reach your destination with time to spare. The game takes into account your sleep hours, plan your routes, make sure you drive as close to your driving hours without going over the limit as your can. You certainly don't want to be stopped 3 hours early for a rest unless you are sure you can't make the next rest stop.

Remember the GPS takes you the shortest route by distance, not by time. Check your routes, if you're going through Germany where the single lanes are 37 but the autobahns are 50, it makes sense to stay away from the small roads it might add a few miles to your distance, but if it means saving time that's a good thing.

The timing in this game is very lenient really. Particularly if ferry travel is involved, it can lead you to getting to the destination more than a day early.

To summarise: Don't take sleep breaks excessively early.
Plan your routes. Don't blindly follow the GPS.

As far as AI goes, in the latest builds the AI is shockingly bad really. But no, there is no "must crash into you" scripting. It's just dumb luck, just try to predict what stupid thing the AI might do and be prepared to react if it does do it.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Jaikstheuggle

#3 Post by Jaikstheuggle » 21 May 2017 09:34

I get your point, but it happens sometimes you were already close to getting tired when you just started to ride. And if the game is supposed to take that into account, it still messes up frequently. its however the case i ALWAYS take the chosen route, and ended up with 67 % roads-discovery while having had all cities. taking the same roads continuously...
I guess sleeping before you pick up cargo is a way to avoid that , i just so happens i always forget to do so..and end up picking cargo up and discover too late i had to sleep. its especially a pain with shorttime frame deliveries...i ended up shifting between external contracts (cant mess up a reallife 15 hours ride afterall) and turning sleeping off.

As for the other point, i ended up driving 60 or 70 on interstate roads where 90 is allowed and a turtlespeed on city areas. this doesnt help my deliverytimelength in gamehours towards sleepinghours as well i guess...
BK Vissers

#4 Post by BK Vissers » 21 May 2017 11:02

Jaikstheuggle wrote:but it happens sometimes you were already close to getting tired when you just started to ride. And if the game is supposed to take that into account, it still messes up frequently.
I think you may have misunderstood. I have never seen a delivery time that is unachievable for a fresh driver. This means that if a trip is supposed to take 36 hours (say, including ferries) the game may give you 48 or even more to do it. This is what is meant by the game taking into account rest breaks.

But if you take the job whilst needing rest in an hour, you may be leaving yourself very little margin to complete it in the time allotted. Therefore, when taking jobs, you have to look at when you next rest break is going to be required and pick trips that, including rest breaks, you can do in the time limit given.

Regarding speed - I usually go the routes the advisor suggests unless I happen to not like them for various reasons. What you need to be aware is that the route advisor talks about travel times based on average speeds, not the speeds the road limits you to.

So if a route advisor says 6 hours - that's 6 hours at an average speed of precisely 62kph. If the route takes you on a road that allows 80kph, and you do that speed, you'll be quicker than the advisor estimate. If you end up taking a road that limits you to 60kph, and due to traffic your real average is 45, then you will exceed the advisor's estimate.

FYI for ATS, if you have that game, the average speed the advisor uses is 38mph.

Hence, as I drive I am constantly gauging my route, the advisor estimate, what I believe my actual average speed can be going from this point forward, and planning my speed accordingly.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”