SOLVED Can I start a new profile with explored map?

Luke_F

SOLVED Can I start a new profile with explored map?

#1 Post by Luke_F » 23 May 2017 22:24

Hi all,

Long story short: Can I copy explored map done by myself from another profile to a new one?

Explanation: After a couple of months I returned to ETS2, but of course, my progress is same as before. 85 drivers, aprox 2mld. CZK (I don't know how much in EUR but huuuuge amount of money), fully upgraded truck, all achievement, all garages, bla, bla, bla you know. I have nothing to do in game, with no goal, just driving from A to B which is still good with my newly bought G920 with clutch but still...

So I was thinking: Can I start from scratch? with basic lend truck, without XP, with short jobs BUT with fully explored map?

If not, I have at least small tips about money for the people who feel same: Dismiss every you driver, sell every truck and made special paint job which cost same as your account. If you are interested I can upload my paint job created for Renault Magnum. This way destroy your bank account and you can start at least little bit from the begining.

But it would be better if it would be possible by first mentioned way

THANK you for reading till here :)

And of course thanks for suggestion how to be excited from the game again :)
Last edited by Luke_F on 24 May 2017 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
My World of Trucks Profile
Axel Slingerland

Re: Can I start a new profile with explored map?

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 24 May 2017 04:26

I don't think there is. Or if there is, it's new since I tried to find one last.

But for me, the excitement comes from the core function of the game... Driving the truck and making deliveries. Everything else is just added fluff, a lot of which I don't do anyway. I restart every time a new game update is released (that I am interested in anyway) or whenever I finish "discovering" the whole map.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Luke_F

#3 Post by Luke_F » 24 May 2017 15:34

Don't get me wrong. I still love the game. It's main purpose why I spent money for a new wheel, but a little bit more endgame stuff would be more than welcome. Anyway, it seems that no one other has something to say, so I presume that only way how I can create some challenge will be sell my own truck, activate hard economy mod. It could work.

Thanks anyway
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#4 Post by Mohegan13 » 24 May 2017 15:55

Fire all drivers, sell all trucks except the one you're driving and garages except your main one garage. Down grade it if you like.

Go to my page in sig, on the other mods page you will find a money/xp mod. One of them in the pack is a "take my money mod" a skin on all scs trucks that costs 9 million (you can always change the cost in the def file if you need it bigger).

Essentially get rid of as much money as you can with the skin price.

Crash your remaining truck until you have 100% damage with your cash on zero. Repair the truck to go into the red and then you can sell the truck. You may end up in the red for a little while if selling the truck doesn't give you enough money back. But you will have the skill level to do any jobs you wish in quick jobs.

That's one way to do it and still keep your map percentage.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
lunas

#5 Post by lunas » 24 May 2017 15:55

Luke_F wrote:Don't get me wrong. I still love the game. It's main purpose why I spent money for a new wheel, but a little bit more endgame stuff would be more than welcome. Anyway, it seems that no one other has something to say, so I presume that only way how I can create some challenge will be sell my own truck, activate hard economy mod. It could work.

Thanks anyway
I've looked for the same thing. It would be great to start a new career but have jobs available from a fully explored map. In the days of the Internet, why should you have to physically visit a city to know jobs available?

I haven't done it, but one method to achieve this would be use the debugger to goto and discover all cities in a new profile and keep it as a template. Then copy the profile any time you want to restart a career but cities are already discovered. Takes a lot of effort up front though.
Luke_F

#6 Post by Luke_F » 24 May 2017 17:51

Yeah, I already did same as you mention. Fired all drivers, sold their trucks and made special paintjob which costed same as my bank account. Today I'll sell my own truck and "zůstanu s holou prdelí" how it's said in czech :D (it mean that I have nothing left) and start from begining. I just keep my garages, 'cause it cost too much and of course all XP 'cause it makes sense that in real life you can drive as long job as you want and needn't wait until you get enough xp to buy long journey skill.

So again thank you all, I can consider this topis solved.
Axel Slingerland

#7 Post by Axel Slingerland » 26 May 2017 17:43

Luke_F wrote:...but a little bit more endgame stuff would be more than welcome.
That's what I like about games like this. There isn't any endgame. I always hated linear games. One way to do things and once you played a game through, after that it becomes yet another "been there, done that" game. If I can't get more than one run out of a game, I'm not interested in it. Games like that are a waste of money. I look at it like this, I paid $85.80 for ETS2 and the 3 map DLC's since I originally bought it in October, 2013. That's 41 months at about $2.00 a month. And I play the game (or play with the game, as I like modifying it as much as playing it) nearly every day. Even my Missus, whom I often refer to as "Super Shopper" because she rarely ever pays full price for anything, agrees that as far as my "Entertainment Dollar" goes, you just can't beat that. (Even though I have the "Legacy Version" of ETS2, which I paid full retail price for.) There aren't any other games that I have ever played that much, so I would have to say I have definitely got my money's worth out of ETS2.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Ilmiont

Re: SOLVED Can I start a new profile with explored map?

#8 Post by Ilmiont » 13 Jun 2017 19:48

I also would like to see this. I have hundreds of trucks and drivers and it's all going great... but if I was new to the game now, I'd do it all differently and just have a handful of trucks, like I've done in ATS. I sold my first rides in ETS2 too and that annoys me now... so I too would like to restart, without losing all my map coverage. Maybe something for the wishlist? A "Start New Business" button in the profile menu. Keeps all your map completion, maybe your Skills too (so you still do ADR / long distance etc.) but your fleet is zero in the new profile. Not sure whether you could keep some money too. Haven't really thought this through fully yet, just a quick thought after seeing this.
Ilmiont on World of Trucks

EU: 2012 Volvo FH16
US: 2016 Kenworth W900 / 2015 Volvo VNL
Cadde

Re: SOLVED Can I start a new profile with explored map?

#9 Post by Cadde » 13 Jun 2017 20:42

It's possible with a savegame edit. But it's probably more work than it would be to simply start over and discover all the roads again. The latter is also safer (read, less prone to end in tears) as the savegame is a fickle being.

If however you want to sell everything you own, that can of course be done. Then you can EDIT (savegame edit or cheat engine) your bank balance to rid yourself of the trillions you currently possess. That's safer.

Myself, i don't care about how many percents i have in the discovered roads in game. All i care about is that i have a truck to drive and that i can pick whatever jobs i want. In other words, i cheat in a few millions and give myself all level unlocks and off i go doing what the game is best at. Driving around.
On extended hiatus.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”