Not enough high traffic

brainiac

Not enough high traffic

#1 Post by brainiac » 10 Feb 2017 20:04

Until 1.25, I had really high traffic. Often traffic was so high that I had to slow down from 120 to 50 km/h and in front of me were only cars, no one truck. I did it with spawn_frequency 5000 and in traffic lane both 30 for motorways.
Now, with 10000 in spawn_frequency, spawn_daytime_rates (2. and 3. parameter) and traffic lane (both parameter) I can get high traffic what I want on 2x2 city road, but not on highway.
Also, I notice that on highways vehicles spawn only in right 2 lanes, even if it has 5 lanes.
Does anyone know how to solve this?
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: viewtopic.php?f=194&t=258124
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)
RudiRaser

Re: Not enough high traffic

#2 Post by RudiRaser » 11 Feb 2017 21:26

it seems one of the most important thing in this game it not very interesting for anyone.

maybe someone from the SCS staff will read that.
with your traffic is going something wrong. the problem are the highway traffic, everything else is no big problem.
it seems impossible to create high traffic during the day time. in the night you have a lot of traffic with ultra low spawn and frequenz settings, but day times its low. of course, more then vanillia, but i cant call it high traffic. its for me normal daytime traffic.
also at highways are not many Trucks. i mean, this game are called Euro Truck Simulator. where are the Trucks?
it is possible to bring them at the highways, but with very high Truck spawn settings, and then they overflow all other roads.

i was trying now around 2 month, everyday, i think more then 200 hours. when i started i was a full noob, now i am a newbie, ok. but i think in the last 2 month i tested every possible way to solve this problem, it never worked well.
see all the new traffic mods, all have the same problem.

if i am still to stupid to find out how to do it, its possible, then please show me and the others how we must do it. show us please the trick to create really nice heavy traffic day times at the highways. not only tell us, please make an example.

sorry, i am a bit frustrated now, and i will havr a break from this game. maybe if someone will replay i will try it again. if not i will wait till next update and have then a look again. ;)

and sorry for my bad english.
Soilingcomic

#3 Post by Soilingcomic » 11 Feb 2017 21:44

I use this mod for traffic viewtopic.php?f=177&t=196584 and it makes the highways full to the horizon.
brainiac

#4 Post by brainiac » 12 Feb 2017 11:42

I have much bigger numbers than Piva and still don't have high enough traffic.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
m1keY

#5 Post by m1keY » 12 Feb 2017 11:53

maybe to much then ... it's a finetuning thingy :lol: I got that same mod and it's amazing while driving, pretty busy checking mirrors when changing lanes :o
RudiRaser

#6 Post by RudiRaser » 12 Feb 2017 13:32

you should have a look at the details. when you have where how much traffic? which kind of vehicles you see?
i not sayed that there is no traffic, but mostly at the wrong time. i will not talk about realistic, there will be never a realistic traffic mod, it´s impossible.
but with the lowest spwan and frequenz settings you have the same amount of traffic in the night, maybe even more, then with high settings at the rush hour times. and that's seems to be impossible to change. thats we are talking about.

have a look to this video from me. my settings was that hight traffic will start at 15 till 18:00. yes, at ~16:45 it was looking nice for a moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_ZZUsRlGO8

and the reason why it was not bad in this moment are simple. first a interchange, then some light corners, and next the petrol station, and my settings for Trucks was very high, and i slowed down the speed of the AI cars a bit.
watch the video. what you see between 15 till 18:00? that was with 0.95/0.95 spawn and frequenz settings. and it´s dosen´t matter what you set, also 2.0/2.0, or what ever will not help. in the night you have the same amount of traffic with 0.02 / 0.02!! and thats why i say, there is something wrong.
Soilingcomic

#7 Post by Soilingcomic » 12 Feb 2017 16:50

Is there an upper cap on how many vehicles that can be spawned at any one time? Perhaps that setting is somewhere else than in the physics file?
RudiRaser

#8 Post by RudiRaser » 12 Feb 2017 19:51

i think something like that too.
i started to work on my mod ~2 month ago, but some others says all the same, before 1.26 it was easy to set high traffic.

there are many files what we can set for high traffic, only the result is always the same. or me, and some others still not understand how it works.
because of this i say: if we doing wrong, then please someone show us how to do it. ;)
brainiac

#9 Post by brainiac » 13 Feb 2017 15:24

Yes, anyone from SCS, tell us what is secret of high traffic on motorways.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Return to “Gameplay Questions”