New to Game

Rodders 61

New to Game

#1 Post by Rodders 61 » 09 Mar 2017 11:07

Hi All,
I'm new to Euro truck Sim 2 so can i ask a couple of questions. I'm wanting to buy a new truck when i get to level 20(I'm at level 18 now and really like the scania) and i see it has a 6 wheel chassis. I've heard that the fuel capacity reduces with the 6 wheel chassis but is there anything to do about it. ie, have any 6 wheel chassis got a better fuel capacity than others. Also, what are the advantages of a 6 wheel chassis is the turning circle better et al.
also, when you're training you're drivers is it better to do balanced training or concentrate on certian atributes(i was going to start with long distance then eco driving).
Thanks for any help,
Cheers.
Acer i5 9400F dual core @2.9hz with GTX 1650 graphics card and 40gb RAM
EricF

Re: New to Game

#2 Post by EricF » 09 Mar 2017 22:55

You can customize any truck purchase with the chassis layout you prefer. You can stick with two-axle chassis if you prefer, and it will lower the cost of the truck slightly. For three-axle chassis, you could try the mid-lift option if it's available. The third (mid) axle is unpowered and has an air-lift to take it off the pavement for light loads and slightly better turning radius. Drop the axle for stability and higher weight capacity, lift it for fuel savings and tire wear savings. Downside is, it costs a little more and adds some weight. Also prevents using fancy aero skirts and exhaust kits.

I've started all my new drivers on "balanced" progress. I might mix it up some as they progress and as I add more garages. It's really just up to personal preference.
dalton4545

#3 Post by dalton4545 » 11 Mar 2017 21:56

im new to im trying to get online to play with people
JUseeTV

#4 Post by JUseeTV » 12 Mar 2017 07:50

@dalton4545
There isn't an offical multiplayer but you can play the TruckersMp mod https://truckersmp.com
I am not giving any sort of support, requests or Q&A through private messages, such messages will be ignored. Please use the appropriate topics, they are there for a reason.
Steve Pitts

#5 Post by Steve Pitts » 13 Mar 2017 21:31

Rodders 61 wrote:I've heard that the fuel capacity reduces with the 6 wheel chassis but is there anything to do about it
Not really. All of the truck brands (in the unmodded game) have significantly reduced fuel capacity in the 6x configurations. The DAF, new Mercedes and Volvo do best with 800 litre tanks (the older Iveco Stralis and some variants of the older Mercedes only manage half that). Practically it doesn't make a huge difference - there are plenty of fuel stations scattered around the map and you just need to remain aware of how much fuel you have left (the game makes it easy on you by giving a rough 'distance left' measure on the main menu panel) just as you would in a real world vehicle.
Rodders 61 wrote:when you're training you're drivers is it better to do balanced training or concentrate on certian atributes
Define 'better'. Even if you decide to customise your hired hands' development I would recommend putting one point in all attributes (possibly two in JiT), which Balanced will achieve quite nicely, before concentrating on particular skills. That way you give your staffers a chance at all possible job types as early as possible. My own experiments suggest that there isn't a huge difference between developing one or more skills at the expense of others (or particular skills first) versus just letting the game manage things, and there is a lot less micro-management involved in leaving the option on Balanced (and therefore more game time to spend on actually driving a truck).
Cheers, Steve
Rodders 61

#6 Post by Rodders 61 » 16 Mar 2017 10:05

Thanks for the help.
Appreciated.
Acer i5 9400F dual core @2.9hz with GTX 1650 graphics card and 40gb RAM

Return to “Gameplay Questions”