Using a wheel in ETS2

scotttaylor191185

Using a wheel in ETS2

#1 Post by scotttaylor191185 » 27 Mar 2017 12:27

Hi All,
Im looking for a new wheel to use with ETS2, I previously used a Logitech Driving Force GT, pedals have stopped working completely, can anyone recommend a good wheel to replace this?

Many thanks,

Scott
EricF

Re: Using a wheel in ETS2

#2 Post by EricF » 27 Mar 2017 23:03

The DFGT is hard to beat for ETS2 -- it has more buttons than most wheels, plus the rotary control that works really well for the retarder. The wheel is great, but the pedals have never been spectacular for racing, although perfectly adequate for ETS2. Try looking for online auctions -- I've seen just the pedals come up for sale. You might be able to pick up a replacement pedal assembly for less than the cost of another wheel.

Also, you could just get a different USB pedal set and continue using the DFGT. The game will let you set up multiple input devices. Unassign the DFGT pedal inputs and re-assign them to a set of USB pedals. You can upgrade to a three-pedal set with a clutch if you want and still keep the DFGT, even add a Thrustmaster USB H-shifter to the combination. I'm considering both of those options to upgrade my DFGT wheel.
FlyingPigeon

#3 Post by FlyingPigeon » 24 Apr 2017 15:13

if you can get your hands on Logitech G27 then go for it, otherwise there is G29
Scandinavian truckdriver.
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 24 Apr 2017 18:03

If you're in the US, Amazon has some used DFGT's for sale for $122.90. Just make sure you select one of the links for Amazon Warehouse Deals so if there is a problem with it, you can return it. If you're not, check Amazon in your country. You never know what they have...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
murdoch82

#5 Post by murdoch82 » 16 May 2017 00:24

How old is your Driving Force GT, there is a 3 year warranty on it.

That said, mine started giving me issues too after 1,5 year, I sent it back and got money back wich I used to buy a monitor.
And at the same time I picked up a G29 and shifter.

The G29 has its faults, if you gonna do serious drifting and such, things that require super quick response from the wheel, like trying to catch a slide or stuff in racing games, it can sometimes be abit crap. But for any normal driving or ETS2 / ATS is perfect. I love it! Even in Assetto Corsa it works great 90% of the time and Dirt Rally.

Just hope it will hope it will last for a long time, it was very expensive for me. Even worse, I found same G29 wheel for half the price a few months later.... xD dont think the shifter was included tho.

G29 costs 380 euro's for me. I did not look around for a cheap alternative I just took what was closest for me to go and pick up.. namely where I returned the DFGT!

One thing that bugs me is they have removed all buttons on the shifter. But its a minor thing, only really an issue for the truck sims.
PC: AMD Ryzen R9 5900X, 32 Gb 3200 Mhz,MSI X570S Tomahawk WifI MAX, 6750XT 12Gb, 2x LG 27GL650B-F 144 Hz 1 x ASUS 24" 60 hz 3x1080p, G29 + H-Shifter, TrackIR5

Return to “Gameplay Questions”