Garage question and drivers

Rodders 61

Garage question and drivers

#1 Post by Rodders 61 » 25 May 2017 09:56

Hi all,
i've now got a few garages and have hired a few drivers. I just wanted to ask if it matters what garage my profile driver is in. some of my drivers don't find any jobs and return home empty handed. I don't put them on balanced training but if i'm in the same garage as them does it help with their training, i don't know.
Can anyone help,
cheers,
Rodders.
Acer i5 9400F dual core @2.9hz with GTX 1650 graphics card and 40gb RAM
deltas4

Re: Garage question and drivers

#2 Post by deltas4 » 29 May 2017 09:52

doesn't make any difference if you are based at the garage. the garage you are based always does better as you earn more and drive more jobs
IonutL

#3 Post by IonutL » 29 May 2017 13:11

Things that have an influence upon your hired drivers are, in no particular order:
- the trucks they drive (in the first versions of the game, it didn't matter, but now that has an influence)
- their skill points, distribution of which you control
- and based on that, the city in which they are based; if they have a high ADR skill level for example, they would do better in a city which offers plenty of ADR jobs[/list]
stb155

#4 Post by stb155 » 31 May 2017 16:53

Some more questions:

Can it be better to have only a small (3spot) garage vs. a big one with 5 spots ?

Some citys seem to have less freight offers than others, so it might be possible than the drivers more often don't get one, or take ones with less revenue.

I think price is 180k for small and 80k for upgrade ?
So 2 small = 60k/spot
1 big = 52k/spot
Not that much different compared with the 110k+ for the truck you need anyway.

Is there a way to make drivers take subsequent orders to other citys ?
They always go back to home base after each job, and if there is no freight to there from where they are they deadhead.
I wish they would just always take the load with the best $/km to wherever from where they are, and only RTB if ordered (truck change/relocate), or once a week or something.

- the trucks they drive (in the first versions of the game, it didn't matter, but now that has an influence)
what difference the truck makes ?
long haul only with large cab for example, or they only take certain max. weight depending on drivetrain (power/4*2/6*4) ?

I only use two kinds of trucks, new FH 460 4*2 and Classic FH16 600 6*2tagl. (both slepper)
And one lucky dude drives my FH750 8*4 currently.
So far i did not notice much difference in loads they take and revenue they make.

What i noticed is that some drivers just seem to suck.
I had one that only made ~3k/day, others with lower ranking and fewer skills make 4-5k.
Tested her with 2 different trucks and in 2 garages, always worse than others.
IonutL

#5 Post by IonutL » 01 Jun 2017 12:17

After you play the game for a little longer, it will not matter if you own small garages or big ones. The drivers will start to make more money as they get more experienced, so even though some of them will return empty, at the end of the month they will still make profit.
Nobody knows the formula for which truck upgrades bring the most value, but i would guess that a bigger cab, a better engine and a gearbox with retarder and of course better tires will be taken in consideration. For my drivers i gave them all a full upgraded Volvo classic, with all the accessories that i would use.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”