[WIP] Enhanced Truck Sound Plugin - Alpha 1 (DOWNLOAD ADDED)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
KombLV

[WIP] Enhanced Truck Sound Plugin - Alpha 1 (DOWNLOAD ADDED)

#1 Post by KombLV » 23 Sep 2014 22:49

Status update (17.02.2023):

Hi guys,

FYI - I've decided to revive this (now 8 years old) plugin and make a "Gen 2" from scratch. This might take a week, or a couple, but it will be worth it ;)
I'll focus on a bit more natural sound and, definitely, some customisation options (like independent volume levels, etc..)

I'll keep you posted, but meanwhile you are welcome to share your (sane) wishes for the "Gen 2". It will help me to compile some priority list of sorts.

Thanks and till later,
Komb

Old post:

x64 support added (check last post in page 20)

So here it comes - a custom dll sound engine, driven by the realtime telemetry data (SCS Telemetry SDK).
DOWNLOAD
================
As a quick download fix I'm adding the link by Luke_F:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/645 ... Plugin.zip

NOTE 1:
There might be some problems with the included .scs file, since it was created based on the early 1.14 version. SCS has changed something and then they patched something back.
There is no 100% guarantee it will work.

NOTE 2:
If you are using -x64bit flag (or whatever it was) then most likely this dll will not work - it will not be loaded by the game itself.

NOTE 3:
Thanks everybody for your patience, understanding and involvement.
There are some exciting news in the preparation, namely Alpha 2 is on it's way and it might be a blast if all goes well.

Keep in touch.
================

INSTALLATION
================================
================================

It is a three step process:

Step 0:
=============
Extract the zip archive somewhere of your free choice.
Blink your left eye to make the process less dull.

Step 1:
=============
Copy "plugins" folder from the zip to where the "eurotrucks2.exe" resides.

In my case (Steam version) it is at "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86".
If you are using a non-steam ETS2 for the reasons unknown, then it should be somewhere in "Program Files" or similar.
The folder you are after is "\bin\win_x86" under your ETS2 installation.

NOTE: Copy the "plugins" folder itself, not just it's contents. If you happened to have a /plugins folder already then merge their contents.

While it copies, put your fingers together and take a deep breath from the north-west direction.

Step 2:
=============
Copy "TruckSoundPluginDeps.scs" to your mods folder. You most likely know where to find that...
...which is at "C:\Users\yournamehere\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod".

Look over your left shoulder to your right ankle to validate the cluster integrity.

IF PROBLEMS ARISE
===================
===================
If installation went well you should now see an in-game message about "SDK features being requested".

If you don't see this and all you get is a silence (except truck starter/shutdown sounds), then install the official Visual C++ runtime from here. Choose the 32 bit version despite you might be running an x64 Windows.

GAMEPLAY
==============================
Choose one of the original Scania trucks (R or Streamline). Reason for this is that I'm a lazy cock.
"TruckSoundPluginDeps.scs" currently only silences those original sounds. Plugin will work just fine with any other truck, but you will hear both sounds (original + new).

IMPORTANT NOTE: Disable any other sound mods which could interfere with Scania volumes. If you have mods named as "zzzzz..something.scs", then rename my file to have more "zzz..s", like "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTruckSoundPluginDeps.scs". You definitely want it to be the last one loaded.

If you happen to have an ingame console activated then you can use "sdk unload" + "sdk reload" commands to disable/enable the plugin. Just in case you want to drive the Iveco :geek:

PS: I'm looking for a volunteer, who could modify (nullify) volumes for all other trucks + some most popular addon rigs. PM me.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
=========================
=========================
Big thanks go to (in no particular order):

Cadde for being active in general and providing valuable solutions to compatibility issues.
Five_Tech aka. Tomass for being a good man and helping me out with an Alpha test.
SCS team for making a great and moddable game.
Mr. Kriechbaum for some of the sound loops I probably nicked from one of his excellent mods.

SOME RULES UNFORTUNATELY
It is strictly forbidden to re-upload this software to any third party download servers. Especially those with loads of banners and other annoying stuff.
If you want to feature this mod on your blog or mod site, feel free to do so, but you MUST LINK BACK to this original forum thread.
Last edited by KombLV on 17 Feb 2023 09:27, edited 8 times in total.
kriechbaum

Re: [WIP] Enhanced Truck Sound Plugin - Alpha 1 (Teaser vide

#2 Post by kriechbaum » 24 Sep 2014 01:10

Hi,

it sounds good. i like the turbo idle sound.
Cadde

#3 Post by Cadde » 24 Sep 2014 01:20

Excellent work and very interesting approach. Would never have thought of it myself.
On extended hiatus.
kriechbaum

#4 Post by kriechbaum » 24 Sep 2014 01:29

I thought about this many months ago... but i am not able to make a plugin. brakes sounds depending of the lenght you stay on the pedal, instead of a "pfffff" when you release it, gear change depending of the charge of the gas pedal and not only when you change a gear, etc...

Looks very promising !
abasstreppas

#5 Post by abasstreppas » 24 Sep 2014 02:23

Very, very cool. I really like the way the sound behaves ;) The RPM span on the sound itself should be a bit wider imho, the revs souds a bit high on lover revs. Also the engine sound file is a bit short I guess as you clearly can hear it's a loop. Yeah, I know it's an alpha and you probably have better stuff in the box, but this is such a huge improvement to how the engine sound sounds so I just gets exaggerated :P
mmtt

#6 Post by mmtt » 24 Sep 2014 07:54

Congratulations komblv;
Excellent work, was very realistic sound rattles the flatbed something great again congratulations.
I'm waiting impatiently mode.
KombLV

#7 Post by KombLV » 24 Sep 2014 08:40

Thanks guys for good words. I think I'll be able to devote myself tonight and will release it around 21-22:00 (Berlin time, UTC +1). Still have to fiddle with data packaging - since I'm not a C++ guy (I'm a web developer by trade), all this takes extra time for me. Beer does help sometimes ;)

Stay in tune! 12 hours left ;)
yozza

#8 Post by yozza » 24 Sep 2014 13:00

This looks and sounds great. Is this just for the Scania or is it for all trucks. Also how would this be installed, as this is all new to me
Timoha

#9 Post by Timoha » 24 Sep 2014 14:40

Great job. Waiting for release and leaving on a trip with new sounds! :)
Sorry for my English. Translate through Google.
florence3099
Global moderator

#10 Post by florence3099 » 24 Sep 2014 14:52

Brilliant :D

Does this use the default SCS sounds or does it require an actual mod as well? Just saying because if it's not actually a mod I might be able to use this :D

Return to “Sound”