SCS Software

message board
It is currently 20 Dec 2014 16:59

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2013 23:48 

hello Mr. Thunderhawk..can you make scania 6x4/6x2 chassis like this picture??its look little longer than scania 6x4/6x2 at ets2....thank you :)
(sorry for my english)
http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/362 ... 625111.jpg

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2013 14:24 

I just wanted to ask you Thunder if next release of your mod will be compatible with Magheto's Scania V4? I'm askin cause I already have a set of nice skins for it and it would be awsome if I wouldn't have to make new ones. Also additional question: are you planning to modify or add new Cabs for Scania. For example the new Streamline cab or maybe P or G series cabs?

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2013 15:10 

@freeman959: I did some research a few weeks ago (downloaded blueprints and other stuff), such chassis are imaginable and no big deal at all.
Interesting stuff, but i can't make promises!

@GT-Mike: When you say "compatible to maghetto's Scania V4", do you mean the "lower raditor grill"? ---> Have a look here
I have to research a few things ... simply said - if P and G series are "just smaller R cabs", it would be no problem to edit the R-cab done by scs.

All your suggestions are welcome. I don't even know, if i find the time to fulfill my own wishes. ;)

Best regards,
Stefan

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2013 15:23 

Thanks for the answer and well I did see the "mapping" part in your post I was just wondering if you will add those sunvisor "leds" scania V4 has on the lower grill or more importantly if your lower grill would use the same template as maghetto's (just to make sure both grill parts are lined up)

And when it comes to cabs:
Not sure really what they changed in Streamline - I guess it's some minor aerodynamic tweaks (just abit annoyed that SCS placed only a new Stralis while Scania, "Majestic", Man, Daf have new models which I would like to see officially and fully functional in game).
Anyways
G series is almost exact the same size as R cab it's just placed lower on the chasis and has low roof variant instead of Topline
P is more complicated tho - it sits lower just like the G but the cab itself is lower also (the G and R have 3 grill sections while P has 2 still I hope this shouldn't be hard to mod) and when it comes to hauling trailers P series comes in 8x4 chasis only.

The reason I mention those cabs is - it would make a fun and quite realistic mod imo - the first scania you can buy at lvl1 is a G-series cab and R normal would require level 4 (Highline and Topline left at 8 and 12) and P series on level 14 maybe, with a 8x4 chasis only.
It's just a suggestion, but if you would treat it seriously feel free to ask me for help with all the .scs, .tobj and .mat files (I'm a neewb at zmodeler so can't help you with modeling - sorry :/)
P.S. I will also hapilly help with beta-testing xD

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2013 05:10 

thank you for answering my post ... if you make it .. I do not know how to say it, I just can only say thank you very much. i think look beautiful if you add exhaust sideskirt following standards, so I suggest that there is no need to add optional upgrade for side exhaust pipe or light and what do you think for my suggestion? is it ok or not? :)

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013 16:19 

Why does it not work for latest patch??

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013 16:37 

totte1015 wrote:

I will assume it's because of the way SCS has changed the way they model the trucks. It will have to be converted to the new format.

i7 2600K@4.6|ASUS P67 Sabertooth|8G Corsair Vengence 1600|Sapphire HD7970 OC|WD Caviar Black 6.0GB 1TB RAID 0|SB X-Fi Fatality Pro|Seasonic X-1050|TT Kandalf L.C.S.|Acer V243H 24" 19x10|Logitech G500,G19,G25|Saitek X-52 Pro|TrackIR4 w/Trackclip Pro

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013 17:34 

INSTG8R wrote:
totte1015 wrote:

I will assume it's because of the way SCS has changed the way they model the trucks. It will have to be converted to the new format.

Why does patches bring one small good thing and one huge bad thing?

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2013 02:36 

totte1015 wrote:

You can't make an omellete without breaking at least one egg...

It's called "progress..." 8-)

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2013 02:51 

totte1015 wrote:

The new way they model/render the trucks is more efficient so leads to better performance. Like n4gix said, progress.

i7 2600K@4.6|ASUS P67 Sabertooth|8G Corsair Vengence 1600|Sapphire HD7970 OC|WD Caviar Black 6.0GB 1TB RAID 0|SB X-Fi Fatality Pro|Seasonic X-1050|TT Kandalf L.C.S.|Acer V243H 24" 19x10|Logitech G500,G19,G25|Saitek X-52 Pro|TrackIR4 w/Trackclip Pro

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next