[REL] ProMods v2.68

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
ScuL81

Re: [WIP] ProMods presents Scandinavia mod

#191 Post by ScuL81 » 26 Jul 2013 17:01

@Gazer

A lot of people have been nagging about a Bergen-Newcastle connection on Facebook.
I didn't want to add it in the game because it doesn't exist any more however I have changed my mind.

There are still regular freight ferries that are bookable (that sometimes go through Stavanger or Kristiansand, sometimes even Göteborg then UK).
But the most logical reason is that for journeys up north in the UK the game routes as following;

Hypothetical cargo Bergen to Aberdeen:
Bergen->Stavanger (E39)->Kristiansand->Hirsthals->drive down to Amsterdam->IJmuiden->Newcastle-> then to Aberdeen.

This is annoying. It would be far more logical (and realistic) to have the Bergen-Newcastle option without having to trek around Norway, Denmark, Germany and the Benelux in order to get to the UK.
If the destination is around Birmingham or further south it will use Esbjerg-Harwich which is correct.
ProMods ETS2 mod - Official ProMods website www.promods.net
Bandit188

#192 Post by Bandit188 » 27 Jul 2013 14:12

I am hoping this is still going be a realistic map. Don't make unrealistic changes. not matter how many people say oh this is wrong this is right ect.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#193 Post by Flemming V » 27 Jul 2013 14:15

Don't worry.. I am sure that ScuL81 and crew, know what they are doing..
Remember that bad suggestions are better than non.
It is still him and the crew that select what to use and not.. ;)
ScuL81

#194 Post by ScuL81 » 27 Jul 2013 16:03

Bandit188 wrote:I am hoping this is still going be a realistic map. Don't make unrealistic changes. not matter how many people say oh this is wrong this is right ect.
Realism and perfection are things I (/we) strive for. If the whole concept of being realistic stands or falls by adding or removing a ferry line then I don't know what else to do :mrgreen:
Bandit188

#195 Post by Bandit188 » 27 Jul 2013 16:12

well think of it like this use real ferry routes. simple if there ant ferry routes don't add them.
116808apd

#196 Post by 116808apd » 27 Jul 2013 17:02

So why is no one complaining about the ferry connection between Bruravik and Brimnes?

Next year that ferry will be gone and a bridge will have replaced it's function....

Still we want to keep it. Same for Bergen-Newcastle; It just gives more options for deliveries.
If Newcastle is such a problem I might change it to Bergen-Hirtshals.... (Scul81?? :mrgreen: )
-
Gazer75

#197 Post by Gazer75 » 27 Jul 2013 17:59

I was the one commenting on that ferry route on FB. But then the ferry was completed and it sounded like it was not going to be removed after all the work that was put into it.
Guess I should have made a post about it way back, but I never saw Rv.7 on the table as a road that was going to be made. Only road I expected inland was E16.

That ferry route is closing in less than a month btw. Not next year. The bridge is opening on August 17th and the last ferry will cross just before midnight that evening.

Hopefully the Hardanger bridge will be added later. Its going to be the longest suspension bridge in Norway and the 10th longest in the world afaik.

I suspect not many that are following new constructions or have local knowledge about things like this.

Bergen-Hirtshals direct would work. That is a real route.
Altonity

#198 Post by Altonity » 27 Jul 2013 18:12

Just keep ferries way they are.
Gazer75

#199 Post by Gazer75 » 27 Jul 2013 18:17

Problem is nobody cares to speak up now, but once the map is out they get lots of people complaining and asking why so and such is there or not ;)
ScuL81

#200 Post by ScuL81 » 27 Jul 2013 18:22

To be honest if we build the ports and we provide 2 def files allowing people to switch between Bergen-Hirtshals or Bergen-Newcastle people have the option to do as they like :)

Return to “Maps”