Problem with xbox one controller

Chiro

Problem with xbox one controller

#1 Post by Chiro » 03 Mar 2016 05:34

Yesterday I found myself playing American Truck Simulator without any problems with my control Xbox One, today I am in the home screen that asks me if I want to use my control xbox one as mouse which I say no, and from that point the problems begin, because it does not recognize my control xbox one and can not play, I return to reinstall and you say yes, and now, otherwise my mouse does not work, before I could use the control xbox one to drive the truck and the mouse and keyboard to navigate the menu, do not understand what is happening'm very angry with this problem ...
Mr.Andros

Re: Problem with xbox one controller

#2 Post by Mr.Andros » 03 Mar 2016 13:41

Yes, the exact same thing happend to me. With Euro truck simulator too.
Wolfpig

#3 Post by Wolfpig » 03 Mar 2016 14:37

As i have read it is a problem caused by an Update of Windows 10.
And no idea what it changed and why (at least for now) only the games from SCS (ETS2 & ATS) have a problem with that.

Hopefully it is something either MS will fix (doubt that) or something which scs can fix (and if hopefully fast).
Chiro

#4 Post by Chiro » 03 Mar 2016 17:21

I think it's a problem they have to fix SCS; the Window updating with the problem is KB3140743
There is a discución in steam on the subject: http://steamcommunity.com/app/270880/di ... 2348286682
Komat
SCS Software

#5 Post by Komat » 03 Mar 2016 18:47

Our games are by default using DirectInput for all input including keyboard and mouse. The update causes the Xbox One controller to somehow block retrieval of information from other inputs.

The best way to fix the issue is to revert the controller driver for device named "XINPUT compatible HID device" from version 10.0.10586.122 to 10.0.10586.0 using the "Device Manager" (section Human Interface Devices)

There is alternative in-game workaround in case you can not revert the driver. To do it you need to do both following things:
  • Run the game with -sysmouse command line option. This gives you control until you load the profile.
  • Change following lines inside the controls.sii in your profile from

Code: Select all

config_lines[0]: "device keyboard `di8.keyboard`"
     config_lines[1]: "device mouse `fusion.mouse`"

to

Code: Select all

config_lines[0]: "device keyboard `sys.keyboard`"
     config_lines[1]: "device mouse `sys.mouse`"

so you can control the game even after the profile loads.
Note that this will disable the controller-based mouse emulation however as long you have a real mouse at hand, you should be fine.
Last edited by Komat on 04 Mar 2016 14:12, edited 3 times in total.
ashypanda

#6 Post by ashypanda » 03 Mar 2016 21:45

omg thank you Komat, this has been driving me mad, as my controller works through steam in home streaming, but not directly though the computer the game is running on, and i even fresh installed windows has i thought it was something i broke.
Chiro

#7 Post by Chiro » 04 Mar 2016 01:15

The solution does not completely fix the problem, I think it is best to uninstall the latest update of Windows 10.
mojoth3monkey

XBOX One controller Problem

#8 Post by mojoth3monkey » 04 Mar 2016 03:29

I was able to setup my xbox one controller and was playing perfectly fine with it while using my keyboard and mouse along with it. until today when i tried to play a message popped up after loading into the game saying something about the controller. being impatient, i hit the ignore button without reading the message. now the controller does not work at all and the mouse only works when i disconnect the controller from my pc. i have tried input wizard several times and the wizard recognizes the controller inputs but i still cannot move the pointer or select anything in the main menu area. any help would be much appreciated.
Last edited by Centrino2 on 04 Mar 2016 04:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged, search before you post
Fuerstensohn

#9 Post by Fuerstensohn » 04 Mar 2016 14:53

I'm having exactly the same problem. :(
MisterJ

#10 Post by MisterJ » 04 Mar 2016 16:00

good as mouse detected as mouse controller, but i cant able to setup xbox controller. The wheel always axis z, i can't able to change it

Return to “Technical Problems”