Big Stars - Actros/Arocs SLT [1.48.*|V1.7.3|07.08.2023]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
DerTrucker98

Re: [REL] Big Stars - Actros/Arocs SLT [min. 1.24.*] [V1.1]

#51 Post by DerTrucker98 » 13 Aug 2016 20:22

As I saw in the non-steam you forgot to include the DLC-Compatibility Files in the download.

Its only a hint, so you need both, steam and non steam files ^^
thunderhawk

#52 Post by thunderhawk » 13 Aug 2016 21:03

I don't forgot them. If people don't use steam, they can't have the dlcs. So, no compatibilty is needed.

If people use steam and the dlcs, they can also use the steam version of the mod and the compatibilty packs.

Or do i miss something?^^

Edit: @Harald-RS: Sorry, i can't add support for paintjob-dlcs, cause of the different uv-mapping.
Perhaps the illuminated star will be done.

Best regards,
Stefan
TruckerBoban22

#53 Post by TruckerBoban22 » 13 Aug 2016 21:42

@thunderhawk when will you realese low poly variants??
DerTrucker98

#54 Post by DerTrucker98 » 13 Aug 2016 22:08

@thunderhawk:

I personaly would like it to have the dlc things in the non-steam version.

I use Steam and own the DLCs, but I don´t like the workshop itself. So I don´t want to use mods out of it. (MOd-Updates are a word in this case ^^)

I hope you can understand my reasons ^^

Clearly, I could extract the compatibility-mods from the steam-download and put them into my "offline" modfolder, but it would be much easier if you could include them in the non-workshop download.
Theosz

#55 Post by Theosz » 13 Aug 2016 23:13

TYVM WTD :mrgreen:
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
since ATS 1.32... and counting
DurandSmith

#56 Post by DurandSmith » 14 Aug 2016 07:00

@thunderhawk Worth the wait, thank you! (Sorry for the late reply, I already downloaded the mod via Steam Workshop) So far I didn't experience any bugs/errors/glitches. I already deliver cargoes (the normal ones though, I'm about to download heavy trailer but my internet connection is currently unwilling to cooperate) and I must say I'm very happy with the performance! Credits also go to WrittenExample and D4LYNCHHD as well (the model and the tower, oh man the tower is amazing).

@all: I hope this isn't off-topic, but I would like to ask (especially to the users who created the paintjobs) - I tried to make my own paintjob/skin for the WTD's Actros Gigaspace, and since this is my first time creating a paintjob I viewed YouTube tutorials and any other online tutorials that told me to use ETS2 Studio. (I used Photoshop to create the skin) The problem is, I couldn't find WTD's trucks at the "Base Truck" column at ETS2 Studio. Could I be missing something? Or are there any other way to create a paintjob?

Sorry if my question sounds so basic. But at least I'm eager to learn~
Thanks in advance for any replies/answers!
LoaderSaints

#57 Post by LoaderSaints » 14 Aug 2016 08:38

DerTrucker98 wrote:@thunderhawk:

I personaly would like it to have the dlc things in the non-steam version.

I use Steam and own the DLCs, but I don´t like the workshop itself. So I don´t want to use mods out of it. (MOd-Updates are a word in this case ^^)

I hope you can understand my reasons ^^
I don't like the automatic updates either as it is better to be able to manually update mods in order to avoid errors in the game.log. ;)
thunderhawk

#58 Post by thunderhawk » 14 Aug 2016 08:39

@TruckerBoban22: Sorry to say that but, when they are done! V1 is published less than 48h and i am trying to make everyone happy.

@DerTrucker98: Now i get it! :mrgreen: I will add normal packages of the compatibility packs. Not much work, but still more work. Just because some people don't like the workshop.^^ :roll: ;) :D

@DurandSmith: Thanks
About ETS2Studio - saw this theme yesterday on facebook. I will have a look, how to add trucks to ets2studio. I will record a video-tut or share the files.

Best regards,
Stefan
galimim

#59 Post by galimim » 14 Aug 2016 09:32

Thunderhawk have you got my PM yesterday?
ETS2:
Real Tires Mod
Search for Drivetrain Revision mods!
Truck fix doctor
ATS:
Real Tires Mod
Search for Drivetrain Revision mods!
Truck fix doctor
LadenSwallow

#60 Post by LadenSwallow » 14 Aug 2016 09:44

I've successfully added the two Big Stars to ETS2studio :D

AFAIK all you need is an extension to the truck database and some optional truck images.
I've made a ZIP file that can be extracted into the ETS2studio folder.

Here is the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0WLob ... tn9XVTN5OQ

Be careful - your existing truck database will be overwritten! I have extended the latest version of the ETS2studio database, but if you have already made your own extensions, it will take some effort to merge the two database files (with a diff/merge tool like "beyondcompare" or "windiff" ?)

Regards,
D.
Last edited by LadenSwallow on 20 Dec 2023 11:10, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Trucks”