Normal Maps to User Made Paint Jobs Skins

PteJack

Normal Maps to User Made Paint Jobs Skins

#1 Post by PteJack » 08 Mar 2017 23:00

Can someone please explain how I would add a Bump/Normal map to an upgrade paintjob skin that I've made.

This is the Skin, the inset view is my Substance Painter skin, as you can see the normal map is not applied in ATS. I have a valid DDS and tobj for the normal map but have no idea how to apply it in the paintjob sii.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =878115246

I've asked this question in the ATS Hub on Steam, but have not gotten an answer.

If someone knows how to do this without creating a new truck, please advise.

Thanks
PteJack

Re: Normal Maps to User Made Paint Jobs Skins

#2 Post by PteJack » 15 Mar 2017 13:46

BUMP!

Been up for 7 days, 75 views and no responses.

If you know how to do this or if it isn't possible, please respond so I can move on.

Thanks!
Axel Slingerland

#3 Post by Axel Slingerland » 16 Mar 2017 02:14

If I understand you correctly, yes, I think it is possible. There is a lot of skinning information on the forum, you just need to look around to find it. I wouldn't use the forum search, as it's a pain in the petunias. Instead, use the Advanced Search Tool by MartinoPio. It's much more like a useful search engine...

However, I do have to add that in general, I personally believe that if you post a question and nobody answers, that kind of implies that either nobody knows the answer to the question, or they aren't interested in replying to your post. Either way, nobody replied for a week, but I would have rephrased the question instead of simply bumping the thread the way you did. Because if you read the rules, you'll see that bumping has restrictions here.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
SkGe

#4 Post by SkGe » 20 Mar 2017 21:30

To answer your question. You can't use normal map on skin. Not possible without changing on blender at least. And if you want to change it will apply on model not on the skin.
PteJack

#5 Post by PteJack » 24 Mar 2017 06:05

Thanks SkGe. It's kind of a pity that a normal map can't be put on a skin without revamping the whole truck, but I do appreciate the response. I can now move forward and create my new truck mod and apply the normal through the build.

Regards.

Return to “General discussion about the game”