Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

Hakan

#281 Post by Hakan » 11 Mar 2017 11:09

Yees! you never know when i come i can fall from everywhere! :lol:
SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#282 Post by SpottedHyena » 11 Mar 2017 11:21

Trucker's Log, Thursday April 6th, 8:54 A.M.

As I pulled onto my home road after dropping off the patrol boat to the ITCC in Rostock Proper, I noticed that blue BMW again. This time, pulling out of my house. The man once again stared at me, almost nervously as he sped away as fast as he could. Now I knew something was going on! I felt 10 kinds of anger welling up inside of me, as I jammed it into 5th and put the pedal down to the floor. The old Pete's gears chattered and ground for a moment and then lurched at the sudden burst of power. I stabbed it into the drive way and then came to a stop. I couldn't flip the switches fast enough and get the parking brake on, seemed like. I climbed out of the truck, walked inside, to see Ivanka sitting on the couch.
"So" I said sternly. "Mind explaining to me who that was?!" Ivanka looked up at me and frowned "Whats gotten into you?" she asked
"A man!" I exclaimed. "I saw a man pulling out of the driveway, the same man that almost played bumper cars with my truck the last week he was around. Who is he? Why is he here?" Ivanka narrowed her eyes. She was catching on to what i was getting at "It was a Vacuum salesman, Micka" she said equally as stern as I was speaking. I stared at her for a moment, unsure of how to proceed next. Suddenly it hit me on how much of a donkey (No offense to any donkeys reading this) I was being. I shook my head and lowered my ears "I'm sorry.." Ivanka snorted at me "You should be."
It took me a while to butter her up, but we were finally able to enjoy the night I had got us together. I really felt horrible, and I think she saw that and finally forgave me.

Once I was back on the road again, I found a load at the very ITCC that I dropped the boat off at. This one, was an old Soviet era trolley train, and it was worth 6,111 Euros to Kocise. I attained the winning bid and got on the road as quick as I could, as it was a semi-urgent delivery. The old truck creaked as the rear tandom leaf springs stressed under the 49 tons of weight, and the engine was lugging pretty hard. I had to stop every now and again to let the old girl cool down. I wish I could solve the overheating problem, but these old Cummins Engines were prone to it under a lot of stress. I had a lot of time to think about what I did to Ivanka. I really need to stop being so jealous. I feel like an idiot.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
Hakan

#283 Post by Hakan » 11 Mar 2017 11:34

:shock: :shock: :shock:
SpottedHyena

#284 Post by SpottedHyena » 11 Mar 2017 14:23

Trucker's Log, Friday April 7th, 9:47 A.M.

Whew boy. That load made me earn every penny of what it paid. The length, and weight worked against me as I maneuvered around the various locations. Merging onto highways on those 90 degree off ramps was enough to make anyone say some cuss words. Not to mention traffic was always not heeding way for the big truck that had to wide turn over two lanes to be able to fit in those narrow streets! Grrr...

Even the dock I had to take the trolley to was far to small for a long wheelbase truck and the trailer. But I finally got it wedged in there. It was a BCP Dock, which was going to outfit the trolley with it's new wheels and then, it would be bound for a museum. I have to say, I was happy to finally get that one done.

Being late in the week, it was time to start getting loads going towards home. I bid on a load going to a Euroacres and managed to get it. it was going to Brno, a new wooden house which was going to be used as a guest house for the farm there. At 27 tons, this will be a piece of cake compared to that trolley. Sheesh

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#285 Post by Hakan » 11 Mar 2017 14:35

:shock: :shock: :shock:
SpottedHyena

#286 Post by SpottedHyena » 11 Mar 2017 16:02

Trucker's Log, Saturday April 8th, 3:33 A.M.

How unfortunate. After delivering the home to the Euro Acres in Brno, I bid on a couple of loads going to Leipzig, and was found wanting. This is again, quite a long, long ways to go without having a trailer. But with it already being Saturday, and me being far away from home, I could not afford the time to take a load going anywhere but the direct path to Rostock. So here I go, home empty paw'd.

Thank you one and all. BKVissers, Hakan, Obelihno, for commenting and everyone else for reading and supporting me. As always, I will see you on the road next time...
[ external image ]
BK Vissers

#287 Post by BK Vissers » 12 Mar 2017 03:15

Nice shout out to those two chaps. Nissan730 and I have been communicating on WOT for momths now. He's a very nice chap.

Cool shots, and the plot thickens! :D
SpottedHyena

#288 Post by SpottedHyena » 12 Mar 2017 13:36

I gotta give credit where credit is due! If someone compliments my rig, and they also have a nice truck, I want everyone to know about it. Thats what this is all about. Getting the freight where it needs to go, and look cool doing it. If you have a nice truck, and I see it, I want others to appreciate it too.

By the by, for those of you who like hearing engines purr, the Cummins NHC in my Pete sounds a little like this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysKaPpoA09o
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#289 Post by SpottedHyena » 12 Mar 2017 16:05

Trucker's Log Monday, April 10th, 4:13 A.M.

This week is starting off early. I woke up at 2 A.M. today because I bid on a load going out at 3:30. Ivanka was fast asleep, so I had to fend for myself for breakfast. Since I am a horrible cook, I decided to eat a bowl of Ramen noodles rather than risk setting our home on fire.
Once in the truck and rolling, I picked up a load of building materials and brick bound for a BHV in Odense. I was told they are expanding their production area, and thats what the materials are for. 28 Tons is a hefty load for my old truck, but it's seen much worse. Welcome back everyone, to another week of Trucker's Log: The last Call Specialty Freight story!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#290 Post by SpottedHyena » 12 Mar 2017 17:13

Trucker's Log, Monday April 10th, 10:41 A.M.

^%@#$! People cant ^%!$^ Drive worth a $^%!. Whew!
After dropping off the load of Building supplies to the BHV in Odense, I took on another load going to Hamburg. More bricks, on a North American trailer, which for European standards could be considered a long vehicle. At 39 tons, this should be quite a bit more of a challenge. Looks like a lot of folks are adding on to their buildings, or just building new ones! At any rate, as I was pulling out, I had to use two lanes in the road to pull out. Needless to say, No one would bother backing up to allow me room to turn. So there we sat. Despite the finger gestures and yelling from the cars I was blocking, I wasnt moving. I am a big truck, I have the right of way, here. Idiots.
Finally, after they figured out I wasnt moving, the Cars backed up a little to allow me to swing my truck and it's load out. That was the first incident.
The second, was in a roundabout. A car on the inside lane decided, "Hey, I actually need that outside lane!" Apparently he did not understand what my trailer does on tight turns, and caught my left rear trailer tire, peeling the fender off of his Peugot. It only took 20 minutes for the Police to resolve the situation, and the man and his terrified wife werent putting up a fuss. Still, idiot.

Then came the best one! Some folks just don't like us truck drivers. Trucks are slow, unwieldy, and if you are unfortunate enough to be stuck behind onewhen you're in a hurry, it can become frustrating. But what 4 wheelers don't understand, is it isnt our fault. Hook a 39 ton trailer to your car and pull it. Then you'll understand.
But, alas, this nincompoop didnt. He passed me, blowing his horn. Then cut me off, then slammed his brakes! To avoid him, I had to swerve into the emergency lane. Admittedly, I lost my temper. Once he was beside me, making his gestures again, I cut into his lane. He panicked, and slammed his brakes. I think my trailer tires missed him by an inch or so? I should have known better, but I was angry from the earlier incidents still. I had no trouble from the man again. I suppose he was to terrified to face my wrath one more time. I had to stop when I could, I had to calm down. I was ready to fight. It was only when I stopped, that I noticed my load had shifted from the weaving and diving about. Now, I REALLY need to watch how I drive. Losing a load on a road way is career ending for any trucker.

[ external image ]

Notice how EVERYBODY is staying behind me right now. I am lucky that the Police werent waiting for me right across this bridge. Maybe they saw what the man in that SUV to the left of me did. They knew I was mad, I bet.
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”