Police cars

joboline

Police cars

#1 Post by joboline » 09 Mar 2017 20:15

Hi there,

let me say first that it is really great to finally get country specific police cars in ets2.

it is even more sad that, the german police is totally wrong. they ALWAYS use VW Passat WAGONS, NO SEDAN! you already have the new passat wagon as civic ai vehicle - why dont use this?
same problem with norwegian police, a passat wagon would be more realistic. And I do hope that you will add country specific siren tones as well. Thank you!
Reinhard

Re: Police cars

#2 Post by Reinhard » 09 Mar 2017 21:35

joboline wrote: they ALWAYS use VW Passat WAGONS, NO SEDAN!
Did a google picture search and to my surprise I found this claim to be true. What do you know. Never noticed that.

My excuse: When I was last time stopped by the police (oh-oh), it was back in the eighties. And then the German police had Passat sedans. :D

Not that I really mind. But as the game already has such a model... Maybe it should considered. But more as a suggestion, not as a bug.
Axel Slingerland

#3 Post by Axel Slingerland » 10 Mar 2017 02:22

Police cars of any kind are way more realistic than none.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Reef

#4 Post by Reef » 10 Mar 2017 05:59

With that applied logic and reasoning all Police vehicles should be like this...

[ external image ]

and we'll all be fine with that then?
Prince

#5 Post by Prince » 11 Mar 2017 09:13

I don't play the beta, but in regards of Norwegian police cars: I don't think I've ever seen a police sedan.

Norwegian police use either wagons (Ford Mondeo, VW Passat, Mercedes E-class, BMW 5-series, Volvo V70), vans (Mercedes Vito) and in some cases SUV (BMW X5).
rombastisch76

#6 Post by rombastisch76 » 12 Mar 2017 08:29

Hello everyone,
I think there are too many police on the street. In real life you can not see every half an hour police car.
jief

#7 Post by jief » 12 Mar 2017 08:33

Hi

First thanks for this great job, so police cars...

As said previously they are not so realistic...
for example in France on highway and country it's not police but gendarmerie ( specula blue )
police work only near big town

Else were you have too many of it's... i though each government will be happy to have so much officers :))
example I saw one each 10 mms on french highway

otherwise get tickets on gas station and on highway junction is not realistic
pawelusix

#8 Post by pawelusix » 14 Mar 2017 11:21

jief wrote:in France on highway and country it's not police but gendarmerie ( specula blue )
police work only near big town
Hi, I'm not from France, but in my short carrier (4 years) as a truck driver, when I was in France I almost saw police cars on highways and on borders, only one time I saw gandarmerie.

But back to topic, today I saw Hungarian and Austrian police cars with British licence plates on A63, close to Hull (UK). Game version 1.27.0.5s, don't use any mods.
nIGhT-SoN

#9 Post by nIGhT-SoN » 17 Mar 2017 11:13

There are also too many police cars, every minute I see a police car which is quite unrealistic. I had to turn off fines because when I was going down a hill my truck happened to exceed the speed limit by 5km and always happened to be a police car nearby to fine me.

Return to “Bugs 1.27”