Public Beta 1.27 discussion

Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: Public Beta 1.27 discussion

#161 Post by Mohegan13 » 19 Mar 2017 19:44

How long is a piece of string? :|
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Roadkill

#162 Post by Roadkill » 20 Mar 2017 00:26

jaws wrote:How long before this beta ends?
If they could teach the all the guys (never saw any woman in the group) that fly to trucking events all over the world , surf the web, manage project decisions, negotiate licenses, mediate legal issues, hire new staff, answer phones, clean the bathrooms, provide support, create map content, WOT website/blog paintjob DLC, accessory DLC etc. to program/check code then the answer would be much sooner. ;) Thanks to all those who do the mundane daily tasks that allow this simulator to keep going.
Last edited by Roadkill on 20 Mar 2017 01:09, edited 1 time in total.
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.
SiSL
SCS Software

#163 Post by SiSL » 20 Mar 2017 00:31

No, it will not be because graphic artists hardly would know anything about programming... Nor it is their job or proffession or expertise...

You guys should learn more about real life jobs imo...

I can do entire set of items for accessories, and great in Photoshop and Illustrator but it took me weeks just to fix a basic UI adjustment...
Roadkill

#164 Post by Roadkill » 20 Mar 2017 01:11

^^^ The key words here were "If they could teach". You are so quick with the word NO. You should be more careful when you read messages.
quote SiSL "You guys should learn more about real life jobs imo..." Very condescending and arrogant imo.
Murph

#165 Post by Murph » 20 Mar 2017 02:19

In fairness to SiSL, while the precise choice of wording might not have been perfect, it was basically correct. You might as well say, "if someone delivers a palette of gold bricks to their office …", more or less.

Even if they could teach close to 100% of the company to code and debug at professional level, it's just bad business in anything but the smallest of companies (far smaller than SCS) to pull everyone off other work like that. It's also wrong to assume that double the team size results in double the speed when it comes to coding, as projects rapidly reach what is essentially a plateau of productivity beyond which adding additional workers produces less and less results. There's also a big risk of reducing quality by throwing an abnormally large resource at it and pushing for an unreasonably short deadline. The SCS approach of basically "it's done when it's done" is vastly superior to fast delivery of buggy crap.

SCS might not have reached max effective team size yet, and I'm sure they will do some moving of resources around to focus on releases, but it just doesn't work the way you implied. Having some multi-skilled people that can move around can work ok for a medium sized company like SCS, but it can't realistically be all of them. AAA studios with vastly larger teams and far greater financial resource can't push stuff out much faster than SCS (and in many cases what some AAA studios push out is an overpriced, unplayable, insult to their customers, with inexcusable bugs that should never have made it through QA).

There is fundamentally no rush for 1.27, as 1.26 is a good quality product that generally works very well. Sure, 1.27 should be even better, but it does not matter whether it takes another week or another month (or longer).
SiSL
SCS Software

#166 Post by SiSL » 20 Mar 2017 02:28

Editing your answer half hour later than my post does not make you right

You didn't say teach at all tbar. That's why I hate no quote above rule... Beside, it does not work like that, since you probably have no idea how things work in real life jobs, I would suggest you to get find one.
Roadkill

#167 Post by Roadkill » 20 Mar 2017 02:30

The statement was not meant to be taken literally. I thought that was quite obvious. It's tongue in cheek. :lol:

@SiSl the editing I did was to add the thank you. I assure you I am old and wise enough not to compromise my integrity over such a trivial matter. The "If they could teach" was never changed. If it's possible I welcome an administrator to verify.

Besides thinking I would imply they put any of the people mentioned in my message to work as a programmer before being trained is ludicrous and your statement:

"No, it will not be because graphic artists hardly would know anything about programming... Nor it is their job or proffession or expertise..." is simplistic and obvious.

You need to chill with your accusations.

As far as knowing about jobs I have two engineering degrees and have worked at some of the largetst Corporations in the world including Honeywell, Boeing Aerospace, Hughes, Raytheon, AlliantTech in multiple rolls such as tecnical consultant, server administration, network engineer and more. When I was going to university I worked as an electrician and carpenter and part time at the U.S. forestry service lab as a map maker, prior to that I worked for Fluke Instruments as a metal fabricator and drove truck for a towing compny doing vehicle recovery for Freightliner. even earlier in life I did roofing and other manual labor. My first job was delivering newspapers when I was 9 years old, when I was old enough to officially work at the age of 15 I bussed dishes at a restaurant. Do I meet your qualifications now?

I apologize to the other users for this thread derailment. I thought most would understand the humorous intent of my message. Others require more drama in their lives. :roll:
Max
SCS Software

#168 Post by Max » 20 Mar 2017 05:43

calm down, guys .. ;)

when beta will be over depends mainly on our QA guys decision, when amount and types of remaining known bugs (that are considered as bugs of this beta) will drop to acceptable level.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Roadkill

#169 Post by Roadkill » 20 Mar 2017 06:34

Cool as a cucumber here 8-) Had to put on my flame retardant suit for a while there. :lol:

I know you're working hard to get it out the door. I've had fewer problems with this beta than many in the past so good job from my viewpoint.
Cristino

#170 Post by Cristino » 20 Mar 2017 06:37

-Raiden- wrote:@Cristino: What are you talking about? The licence plate?
No, I'm talking about the lights of reverse @Raiden... I Think the lights up all 4 not 2 in high intensity blocking partial the light of break
Last edited by Flemming V on 20 Mar 2017 06:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote edited. Please don't quote entire post.

Return to “General discussion about the game”