BDF Tandem Truck Pack v149.00 (11 November 23)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Vladapo63

Re: BDF Tandem Truck Pack v76 (23-Mar-17)

#2411 Post by Vladapo63 » 16 Apr 2017 09:47

Hello mister Flemming sir, with all self turning trailer wheels hype in mind do you think there will be room for dollies/doubles implementation to the game both vanilla and mod since there were some private mp mods for that 2 years ago which could work now fine with new trailer options

Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYVnp9x6UCk

Long time fan of your mod!
Flemming V
Global moderator

#2412 Post by Flemming V » 16 Apr 2017 11:05

When or if this will be possible in game, I will be there to make it right away, you can be sure about that.
Harven
Global moderator

#2413 Post by Harven » 19 Apr 2017 00:28

Hi!
First of all thanks for this great mod! :)
Now to the point: some people were already reporting that they can't attach cistern trailers to their trucks. I'm having the same issue but since I know how to use blender and scs blender tools I decided to "debug" this problem by myself. Not all truck are affected. I loaded 4 of them and so far only mercedes actros 2014 seems to be problematic. In this truck advanced coupling colision boxes (two of them) are rotated 180 degrees around global X axis and that's preventing proper hook points alignment. Unfortunately that's not all. In the cistern trailer like in any other of your trailers there is a colission box along the hook arm (or however it's called :). In the case of cistern trailer the box is a bit longer so it is also prevening proper hook points alignment (even if the adv. coupling cylinder passes between two collision boxes, the trailer arm collision box blocks futher movement). Yet another thing which is making it even worse is that the trailer hook point on the truck is moved a bit to the left.
Here are some screenshots from blender to ilustrate what I'm talking about:
On this first screenshot you can see actros 2014 and cistern trailer collision boxes (yellow dashed lines). Hook points are aligned and you can see the trailer is a bit off to the left. Also you can see that the trailer collision box is in impossible position.
[ external image ]

btw. maybe you're aware of this but: placing adv. coupling cylinder like this inside another collision box is unnecessary because it's the box that will collide with the truck adv. coupling collision boxes.

On the second screenshot you can see actros 2014 and coolliner trailer collision boxes. Hook points are aligned like in the previos image. Here the trailer collision box is a bit shorter so it may be possible to attach this trailer.
[ external image ]

Here is one of the trucks with rather correct collision boxes layout (iveco highway):
[ external image ]
but still the hook point is moved a bit to the left.

Here is a video of me trying to attach this cistern trailer with mercedes actros 2014:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeMeIvhP76A

You can of course fix this truck by simply rotating two collision boxes by 180 degrees around global X axis but maybe you would be interested in more decent solution I came up with ;) Here is how it looks:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

As you can see I added two additional collision boxes on the top and bottom. I also changed trailer collision cylinder into collision sphere and moved it forward so the hook arm collision box no longer gets in the way. Finally the hook point is now properly aligned. This solution works really well as you can see in this video:
https://youtu.be/vCo78Pb-HFg

I know it is quite a lot of work so I'm offering you my help. If you agree to this solution, I can do it for all trucks and trailers included in the mod and then send you changed intermediate files so you can convert them and release whenever you like. I'm really eager to help you because I like this mod very much and I remember having same issues some time age before I was able to do things in blender. I was a bit dissapointed that I had to disable adv. coupling. So let me fix those issues once and for all ;)

Cheers,
- Harven
Boeing73FLY

#2414 Post by Boeing73FLY » 19 Apr 2017 02:47

Harven,

Genius! Everything falls into place. I'm absolutely sure this mod will need this fix.
MY ESSENTIAL MOD FOR REALISM

Enhanced Driving XPerience (EDXP) 2.0 + Addons for ATS (1.47) / ETS2 (1.47)
Flemming V
Global moderator

#2415 Post by Flemming V » 19 Apr 2017 05:10

Harven, thank you very much for your info, I will make sure that this is updated for next update.
It is very kind of you to offer doing this, but it's not a problem, it will take me 10 min myself.
You already did the most work, by making this report and show me what to make.
Finding these bugs is what take most time, so again, Thank you very much. Very kind of you. ;)

btw. Why I have several collision boxes, is because there need to be some to stop the trailer,
in case you have switched auto coupling off in game. (Then coupling collision boxes will not stop anything)
Harven
Global moderator

#2416 Post by Harven » 19 Apr 2017 09:20

You're wolcome, I'm glad I could help :)

You're right that it will take you about 10 minutes to fix it but I'm offering you something more. I wanted to replace all those 5th wheel resembling collision boxes in all truck with the one I proposed. I think it will fit better to the hook type you have there and also it will make attaching a trailer easier and more intuitive. I also wanted to fix the hook point location in all trucks because it seems it's off to the left in all trucks. Another thing is the adv. coupling cylinder that needs to be replaced with a sphere like you can see on last screenshots. While looking through different trucks I also found that there are some odd shaped collision boxes (convex shapes) in truck's chassis (I think I saw that in daf xf 106) and sometimes chassis collision boxes overlap with adv. coupling ones. This may also cause some issues while coupling. I would like to help you with all this and I will not touch anything else, just those collisions and hook points. This is not something that needs to be done, but I think it will make the mod better. I know it's hard to trust a stranger but if you don't like my work you can just throw it into the garbage :) I don't want anything in return, I don't want to be a coauthor or anything like this. There are no cons to my offering :) And I assure you I know what I'm doing, I'm an engineer ;)

Yes, I understand why there are collision boxes it's just that one adv. coupling cylinder collider that's inside another collision box. It will never be used no matter if the adv. coupling is on or off.

Cheers,
- Harven
Solutech

#2417 Post by Solutech » 19 Apr 2017 09:29

And I assure you I know what I'm doing, I'm an engineer ;)
Isn't that what the guy on the titanic said when he was asked about icebergs :lol:

Joking aside I think it sounds like an interesting experiment .
[ external image ]
Author of ReMoled series of mods,V8K Blaine ReWork and general helpful chap .
Flemming V
Global moderator

#2418 Post by Flemming V » 20 Apr 2017 05:14

Hi Harven, again thank you very much for offering me help, very kind of you.
Harven wrote:I also wanted to fix the hook point location in all trucks because it seems it's off to the left in all trucks.
Are you sure that you are looking at my latest version, because I moved them all to the right at the same time I converted it last time.
No matter what I will look into it, so you and anybody else can enjoy it as soon as possible.

It is very kind of you to offer me help, but it will be tricky, because I always work on my truck, finding improvements and updateting it from day to day,
and there is even from time to time, beta stuff in it, which will be ready for next release of the game, so having a copy out the house, would make it difficult for me.
I would not be able to update my truck while it is out the house, and I would not be able to have beta stuff in it, as I actually have at the moment. ;)
I am sure you understand. But I will remove the beta stuff, and update the trucks this weekend with all you input. Thanks again.
Trym

#2419 Post by Trym » 20 Apr 2017 13:58

The smallest and middle cabin on the mercedes actros (old one) is messed up with the tandem chassis. The intakes are bugged. please fix this for the next version
Evjemo Trucking
Flemming V
Global moderator

#2420 Post by Flemming V » 20 Apr 2017 14:12

Got it.

Return to “Trucks”