SCS Software

message board
It is currently 25 Apr 2017 08:31

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017 01:46 

Since the 1.27 patch the amber DRL-leds in my Hella Jumbos stopped working. The white ones works like they alway has, but the amber ones are totally dead. They are originally the same flare model but with a different texture, so I have never touched the mesh. At first I thought it was the new pmg standard, but even after converting nothing happens. I have also imported both flares in BT just to see if there's something obvious that has changed, but with still with no luck :(

I have zipped and uploaded the two flares together with their respective textures and also added the two hookup definintions here I would be grateful if someone (ping 50K ;) ) could take a look at them and tell me what's wrong :)

Cheers

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017 08:42 

Are you going through Conversion Tools? You need to remove the blacklist rule for unit/hookup in resconvert.sii.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017 11:03 

Nope, I've been using ConverterPix

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017 11:06 

When you export the flare files, do you have the hookup defenitions in the MIP file? I had the same problem, I had custom hookups definintions for my flares. BT did not see that, and when exporting, BT left the hookup references in the MIP files. I solved it by adding the custom hookup definitions to the base hookup folder. Now it is saved in the MIP files when exporting.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017 12:02 

The thing is that I haven't exported it from BT, just converted it with ConverterPix to take alook at it with BT. I can't see why there should be any difference between those two flares except the file name and the texture. They are originally the same Blender2SCS model, but exported (with Blender2SCS) with just a different name and texture.

Ofc I can probably export the flare with BT and maybe it will solve the problem, but that isn't the important thing with this "bug". What's puzzling me is that the "mass conversion" command in the game shortcut doesn't fix that from start :roll:

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017 19:12 

Okay, I thought you also exported the files to BT. I have tested it at home now, and when I export it with BT, the amber lights are doing well in the game. You still missed some files to make the leds work well, which I've added. Perhaps something wrong happens when you use conversion tools. What I said, I also have problems with flare files when they have a custom name. I then have to put all custom flare definitions in my hookup directory in my base folder. If you want, I sent a test mod from your files to your PM, you can look to it. These are the files you gave me and have just added them to the hella lamps you make.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017 19:45 

What kind of material is used on hookup model?

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017 21:01 

If the model that is hooking up the flare is made in BT, make sure that the flare is in your linked hookup library and that the hookup is correctly configured (flare_vehicle: my.schwifty.flare vs my.schwifty.flare). If it's the latter, [Space] → Fix SCS Hookup Names on Model Locators. Otherwise, double check that the unit name called in the model matches the unit name of the flare hookup.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017 21:10 

Well I made a quick overlook over pim, pit sii and everything seems to be okay ;)
Now another question is if this gets converted properly + nocompress should be gone from tobjs ;)

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2017 10:43 

Well, I notice that BT does not deal with custom hooks files, so you have to put all custom hookup defenitions files in the linked base hookup directory, otherwise BT do not write the hookup data in the MIP file. So, only use conversion tools does not work with certain mods.