smoke from exhaust pipes

Dashboard

Re: smoke from exhaust pipes

#21 Post by Dashboard » 17 Feb 2017 18:34

What's all this about smoke!! We can't even get dirt on the trucks and trailers wheels and around the wheel arches after you have been trekking long haul in the rain and snow. My in-game truck is always looking brand spanking new! So unrealistic. OMSI (Bus Simulator) is excellent for getting dirty and even has exhaust fumes. You can wash the bus afterwards.

Crikey,..could you imagine if Farming Simulator didn't allow dirt build-up on the all the equipment being used. It's nothing to do with manufacturers of trucks and machinery in any game but is everything to do with game developers choosing whether to implement it or not. Even those dirt rally type racing games allow dirt build-up and they're all officially licensed vehicles too.
Lomic6

#22 Post by Lomic6 » 24 Apr 2017 08:35

Actually, transparent fumes like in farming simulator would be nice.

I also concur with the idea of having the possibility to wash the truck, when dirty, using washing machine, like in farming simulator.

Small details bringing more realism to the end user.
LarryA

#23 Post by LarryA » 28 Apr 2017 12:31

Any time you see black smoke coming out of the stacks. Mechanical failure or a very un experienced truck driver running the truck. Mainly un experienced drivers. Equipment abuse. Example back in the day a L270 Cat, 1693 T, 1693 TA, 335 Cummins or a 350 Cummins. If you applied to much throttle at low RPM you would see black smoke. If the engine was turned up example L270 Cat set at 300 HP, 1693 T set at 375 HP, 1693 TA set at 525 HP very easy to score a liner. You had to manage the RPM, manifold Pressure and Pyrometer temps. If not you could score a piston liner, Brake a crankshaft. If you worked as a company driver you would get fired. When changing the oil you would send in a oil sample for analysis. Check for types of metal, fuel, etc. This would tell you what engine parts was wearing out and if the driver was abusing the equipment. To much fuel in the oil. Also look at the stacks. Black 2 to 4 inches down would be ok. If the suit was 12 inches down, Check the exhaust manifold and check the color. If it was a orange color the driver was working the engine hard instead of backing off the throttle and dropping a gear. To much fuel. another sign was fuel mileage.

LarryA
Independent_Owner Operator 14 Western States 46 years Retired
jaws

#24 Post by jaws » 28 Apr 2017 17:27

Flemming V wrote:I think I can say that probably every gamer in this forum, would like thick black smoke coming out of the exhaust pipes
Im one of those that does Not want that in my game. ;)
8-) I am Always on latest patch.
Forum TUT! SCS Support->-> support@scssoft.com
I dont use mods....(Or maybe i will soon again..)
Chrodazar

#25 Post by Chrodazar » 28 Apr 2017 17:56

I would like to see different variations of smoke added to the game but only if it accurately reflected the throttle of my truck.. :mrgreen:
HerpyDerpy22

#26 Post by HerpyDerpy22 » 29 Apr 2017 06:16

Lomic6 wrote:Actually, transparent fumes like in farming simulator would be nice.

I also concur with the idea of having the possibility to wash the truck, when dirty, using washing machine, like in farming simulator.

Small details bringing more realism to the end user.
I think at least transparent fumes would be nice to see for added realism. What would the manufacturers think about transparent fumes rather than thick black fumes? The dark fumes can be left to the modders :)
S7R4N63R

#27 Post by S7R4N63R » 29 Apr 2017 06:56

Agree with both above. All trucks that run on fuel produce fumes/smoke, except electric trucks.
Blackspots

#28 Post by Blackspots » 29 Apr 2017 23:14

There's no need to do this on modern trucks. Only reason they would smoke is because of a failing fuel system, or clogged air filter. Black smoke represents nothing more than wasted fuel.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Dan1981

#29 Post by Dan1981 » 30 Apr 2017 07:49

Some very curious comments here, every truck I have ever driven (including brand new ones) has given off at least a little smoke at certain times. They do not have a cloud coming out all the time of course, but under load, or accelerating, there will be some smoke. Older trucks will perhaps be smoker. One thing it would be nice to include in-game is the cloudy smoke when starting up from cold, which they all seem to do as it is the condensation being blown out of the exhaust system I suspect. On normal running down a flat road you will see a heat raise but that is all, but sometimes they do smoke for sure.
S7R4N63R

#30 Post by S7R4N63R » 30 Apr 2017 08:47

In Construction Simulator 2015, Liebherr allows smoke coming out from its rotary drilling rig and all terrain crane but not MAN.

Return to “General discussion about the game”