Good news! After giving you the opportunity to try out the new Convoy feature in ATS, today, this multiplayer mode will be arriving in ETS2 as well.
In case you are wondering what Convoy is, you can check out our previously written thorough explanation we did for ATS experimental beta over HERE.
Please do keep in mind, this new update is a part of an Experimental Open Beta and there are still some issues, along with a number of unimplemented changes. This is all currently being worked on and we greatly appreciate your feedback from the ongoing ATS Beta experience. We hope your additional feedback from ETS2 will help us polish things a bit more so that everything will be ready for the eventual final release. You can find the links to share your thoughts and report all the bugs, crashes and other difficulties, below.
In order to use the Convoy feature, you have to enable the 1.41 Update Experimental Beta (Convoy) branch on Steam first! For those of you, who are unsure how to do this, here are a few simple steps: right-click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 in your Steam Game Library -> go to Properties -> go to the Betas tab -> paste this special password/unlock code into the small window: 92rrXMQXgbZo2oG-> click on Check Code. Make sure you did not copy/paste it with an extra space at the beginning or the end of the password. Once all this has been completed, the newly unlocked experimental_beta branch should become available for you. The game will update itself afterwards and you should be good to dive in and help us test!
We highly recommend that you backup your profiles or use a fresh one, because the save-game version from this branch will make any profile incompatible with the current non-beta version of the game.
Feedback goes here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=300756
Bug reports go here: viewforum.php?f=283
The current feature list includes:
- Any player can host their own private sessions for up to 8 people
- Ability to haul the same jobs together from the same company and to the same destination, including World of Trucks External Contracts
- Synchronized AI traffic
- Synchronized time and weather
- Synchronized paint jobs, truck accessories, cabin accessories, cargoes and more
- Ability to communicate with other drivers via CB radio broadcast (X key), quick replies (Q key), or text chat (Y key)
- Joining sessions with any combination of DLCs is allowed
- Mods are not supported in the initial release.
- Cables for remote trailers aren't rendered.
- Cargo on an owned flatbed might sometimes intersect with the trailer
- Weather is not fully synced (only good/bad weather).
- AI vehicles might disappear when a player disconnects.
- Lifting bridges are not synchronized. They will be stationary for the initial release of Convoy.
- Sounds for trucks of other players are a work-in-progress.
- Steam invites work only through the Steam overlay.
- CB radio broadcast (hotkey "X") interferes with the text input line.
- The on-screen map in Convoy "M" zooms out together with chat scrolling in the Route Advisor.
- Time progression rate does not change when entering a city.
- The time in a Convoy session will advance to match the host's time, but it is only visual - the economy time is not affected (If you had 2 hours remaining to finish the job before joining the Convoy, you should still have the same time remaining to finish your job).
- Special Transport jobs are not allowed. You can't join a Convoy session with such a job active.
- Dynamic collisions are disabled for parked vehicles (you can't push a parked vehicle away, but you will still collide with it).
- Knocked-down traffic signs are not visually replicated for other players; their collisions are simulated locally and works only in close proximity to the player.
- Toll gates aren't synchronized, however, the opening is based on proximity like for AI vehicles.
- AI vehicle colours may differ after some time (so cached vehicles can be reused to limit memory consumption).
- Time and weather adjustments in photo mode
- Quick travel
- Iberia updates
- A-24 Douro road
- Remake of a gas station near Sevilla
- Added service to Gijón
- More lights at night in Madrid
- Various map fixes
- Various road signs reskinned across Europe
- Navigation sign reflection fix
- New icons on the map legend
- Ambient sounds in the base game