X Box Wired controller for windows

celestra

X Box Wired controller for windows

#1 Post by celestra » 16 Jan 2013 16:59

i use this and the only problem i have is i have to have the steering turned down to almost minimum or else it turns way too fast at speed , but because of this it turns really slowly at low speeds .

Controls i use

A = Accelerate
X = Brake
Y = Look Forward
B = Cruise control
L&R Shoulder buttons = Indicators
L&R triggers = look left and right
Start = Pause game
Back = Route advisor
D Pad left route on route advisor
D pad right damge indicator on route advisor
D pad up journey details on route advisor
D pad down main beam headlights

All other controls are on the keyboard

If it was possible to make it turn slower at speed but faster when going slow IE manouvering or in towns it would be perfect for this game

Oops think i may just have posted in wrong place if a mod wants to move it to the correct place
Last edited by celestra on 17 Mar 2013 01:05, edited 2 times in total.
Els

Re: X Box Wired controller for windows

#2 Post by Els » 19 Jan 2013 11:09

I use the X-Box controller and find it really easy, however I have use the two analogue sticks and triggers, set up using the input wizard using controllers as follows..

For a beginner (me) I choose Real Automatic .. as I'm not used to so many gears yet.

Then click Advanced Setup..

Under Set Up Controller Axis, click the Steering Axis button and move the controllers left stick to the left and right, set as Axis as Centered.
If when the stick is released and centered any yellow is still showing on the setting tweak the dead zone setting slightly to remove it.

Then go down the list of controls..

Acelleration - Inverted and Centered, using Right Trigger
Brake - Centered and Left Trigger
Look Up/Down - Centered Right Analogue Stick Up/Down
Look Left/Right - Centered Right Analogue Stick Left/Right

Shift Up (Used for changing from Nuetral to Drive and Reverse only in my case) - DPad Up
Shift Down - DPad Down

OK finish the Wizard.

Now a few other things to add, as we still have buttons on the controller we can use .. so select Keyboard.

I add the following to the controller using the Secondary Setting under Keyboard.

Left Indicator - DPad Left
Right Indicator - DPad Right
Light Mode (flor lights) - Button A (Green)
High Beam - Button X (Blue)
Beacon - Button Y (yellow)
Wipers - Button B (Red)
Cruise Control - Start Button

You can mix and match these to your most used controls and use the keyboard to use the other functions.

Still working on which functions I need to use but I find this setup very easy to use.
Hope that helps :)
xufier

Re: X Box Wired controller for windows

#3 Post by xufier » 30 Apr 2013 22:35

I also experience the same problem, i.e. I have to change the steering sensitivity according to the speed.
I use a Logitech Freedom 2.4 joystick.

I think that this problem may be resolved by having the wheels point exactly where the joystick is pointing, rather than the joystick controlling only the rate at which the wheels turn.

If this issue is bettered, I think that this would be a marvellous game, looking forward to the newer editions :)

Return to “Joystick/joypad”