How to use a Logitech Extrem 3D Pro Joystick as a H-Shifter?

ADONIS69

Re: How to use a Logitech Extrem 3D Pro Joystick as a H-Shif

#11 Post by ADONIS69 » 03 Dec 2015 14:14

Caddie and Roadrunner, thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately TH8 is very expensive in my country.

By the way, I just watched a video of Logitech Forge GT to have the sequential shift on the other side. I am wondering if this is easy to be done.
Cadde

#12 Post by Cadde » 03 Dec 2015 15:31

Technically speaking, a sequential shifter is just 2 buttons that are pressed when the lever (stick) is pushed back and forth.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Sequential shifters have two springs or other self centering construction so that it returns to the neutral position when not handled.
So theoretically speaking you can make a sequential shifter out of a cross shaped piece of metal or whatever that resides in two holes, add some rubber bands and set it up so that actuating it presses two different buttons. Any digital buttons will do, an old mouse, a disused keyboard, a throw away game pad... Anything that is recognized by your PC and accepts input.

It's harder to build your own H-shifter as you now need to move side to side as well but the idea is pretty much the same none the less. Just add more buttons as necessary and make sure the shifter moves in the manner you want it to. Such as limiting it to an H-pattern that you cut out of a piece of metal etc.

So again, it's not hard to make one. It's just a matter of doing it and improving it until you are satisfied.
On extended hiatus.
ADONIS69

#13 Post by ADONIS69 » 03 Dec 2015 20:31

Caddie, THANK you very much for your help.

Return to “Joystick/joypad”