logitech joystick

plutonium

logitech joystick

#1 Post by plutonium » 31 Aug 2013 01:41

I use a Logitech joy stick for my flight slm... works pretty good.. side to side steers,, forward for gas and back for brake... think I will use my main trigger for brake ..... and left button for gear forward and right button for reverse simple set up steers pretty good
intel i7 4820k 3.70 ---intel 120 gb ssd--500gb velocirapture --16gig ram---Nvidia gtx 980 1200w power supply samung 4k monitor
MrBaconbit

Re: logitech joystick

#2 Post by MrBaconbit » 08 Nov 2013 22:20

I am thinking about getting a joystick (steering wheel, pedals and shifter won't work for where I play and too much money for me) and I have been trying to find any info on these forums about how they work or good setups for them or even if they work better than the keyboard. Figured I'd post here instead of starting a new thread. And advise please?
Cadde

#3 Post by Cadde » 09 Nov 2013 03:42

A joystick is fine but personally i would opt for a gamepad. XBox 360 Gamepads are dirt cheap now and works just fine for ETS 2.
I am not going to say that i personally find them to be good enough but i am using a G27 with H-Shifter so my perspective on things is widely different from someone who doesn't have a wheel. (Roundabout way of saying, a wheel is better)

But yeah, if you already have a gamepad for the Xbox then try that. If you don't then borrow one from a friend and give it a go in game.
If you like it then buy one, around here they cost €25 a piece right now.

Oh and they are pretty much plug and play, no need for drivers or anything. Just insert into USB port, start game and set up your controls.
On extended hiatus.
Mogan23

#4 Post by Mogan23 » 09 Nov 2013 10:07

Well I would recommend getting a xbox360 controller or similar. It can be used for many games. But get what you find is comfortable
MrBaconbit

#5 Post by MrBaconbit » 11 Nov 2013 17:31

Thanks for the info folks! I might try a contoller, they are cheap enough for me. I just remember how hard it was to steer in racing games with those tiny sticks on the controller but that was racing so mebe it'll work for me with this sim : )
Cadde

#6 Post by Cadde » 11 Nov 2013 21:38

You can set the sensitivity in many ways in ETS 2. You can have it so it's a direct match (instant turning depending on how far you push the stick) or a gradual turn based on how far you push the stick in one direction. (Preferred, feels just fine)

Don't forget to select your controller type when you do set up your controls. As this is what differs the two from each other.

[ external image ]
On extended hiatus.

Return to “Joystick/joypad”