Thrustmaster ferrari 458 Italia Xbox/ pc

deano1987

Thrustmaster ferrari 458 Italia Xbox/ pc

#1 Post by deano1987 » 07 Jun 2013 23:21

Hello,
I love Euro Truck Simulator and have many hours experience with my Xbox360 Controller, however recently I invested in a Gaming Wheel called "Thrustmaster Ferrari F458 Italia Gaming Wheel".

I have setup the options so that it is a wheel, I have Steering Sensitivity as low as possible and Steering Non-Linearity set to as high as possible. I even found and disabled the "auto-center" setting in gameplay settings.

Yet it is really hard to control, it feels like the steering wheel is far too sensitive and if I turn more than 1/3 rotation the steering wheel in the game starts spinning into a full lock meaning I cannot do larger turns without losing control at speed (even 10MPH).

Is there any way I can get this Wheel to work better with ETS2?
Unco

Re: Thrustmaster ferrari 458 Italia Xbox/ pc

#2 Post by Unco » 08 Jun 2013 18:36

Welcome to the forums.

There is no setting for "Degrees of Rotation" within ETS2. This needs to be done before launching the game.

What OS are you using. Is your steering wheel listed in Control Panel somewhere?

There may be a setting like the image attached. This is how I set the degrees of rotation for ETS2. I set mine to 900 on a Logitech Driving Force GT. For racing games, I set it to around 190.

EDIT: I have just done a Google search on your wheel and it looks like you can only get a maximum of 270 degrees of rotation. For the best simulation experience, I think you need around 700 degrees of rotation, so at best, you will get a bit more than double the rotation in the game, compared to how much you physically rotate your Thrustmaster steering wheel. It is still worthwhile checking the controller settings though, just in case you have them set to something like 180 degrees. If you can increase it to the maximum of 270 degrees, it should handle better than at 180. If it is already at 270, then I'm afraid that's the best you'll get out of that wheel...

A comparison:

http://gaming-steering-wheel-review.top ... eview.html
Attachments
Wheel1.JPG
Wheel1.JPG (25.46 KiB) Viewed 15452 times
Wheel2.JPG
Wheel2.JPG (42.31 KiB) Viewed 15452 times
Wheel3.JPG
Wheel3.JPG (46.59 KiB) Viewed 15452 times
Max
SCS Software

#3 Post by Max » 10 Jun 2013 08:23

you can alter file "controls.sii". it is in your driver profile directory.

first try to change the nonlinearity to higher value.
this constant is the one set by nonlinearity slider. base range is 0 to 1, so set it eg. to 2 and see what it does.
(if you touch the slider in game, constant will be set back to predefined range)

Code: Select all

config_lines[15]: "constant c_steer_func 0.000000"
another option is to yet lower the sensitivity. that might or might not work, because for wheels it defines mainly rotation speed of ingame wheel, not range/sensitivity itself.
try to set something like 0.05 and 0.3 or even lesser (default ranges are rsteer = <0.1, 1.0>, asteer = <0.6, 6.0>)

config_lines[33]: "constant c_rsteersens 0.100000"
config_lines[34]: "constant c_asteersens 0.600000"
a bit more possibilities lies in changing the steering formula itself. steering wheel steering is that "-(pow())" part.

config_lines[158]: "mix steering `dsteering - (pow(normalize(abs(sel(c_jisteer, -j_steer?0, j_steer?0)), c_steer_dz), (1.0 + c_steer_func * 0.5)) * sign(sel(c_jisteer, -j_steer?0, j_steer?0)))`"
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
deano1987

#4 Post by deano1987 » 18 Feb 2015 10:35

Hey Guys,
Sorry it's been a while I was not able to fix my issue so put up with it.. but recently I decided to try again as its a real shame the controls suck so much!!

So firstly my steering wheel has no options for degrees of rotation or anything like that. unfortunately.

I messed with the function and have tried altering the code quite allot, doesnt matter what I do it still gets about 1/3 then starts to full lock - I dont mind this feature too much but all I want is for this to happen once ive used up most of the steering... I just cant stop this from happening at all!!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop this behaviour?

This is what I have tried, it makes no difference...

config_lines[169]: "mix steering `dsteering - (((pow(normalize(abs(sel(c_jisteer, -j_steer?0, j_steer?0)), c_steer_dz), (1.0 + c_steer_func / 0.5)) ) * (sign(sel(c_jisteer, -j_steer?0, j_steer?0)) * 2)) / 10)`"
joridiculous

#5 Post by joridiculous » 19 Feb 2015 01:31

TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition PC / Xbox One™
Adjustable angle of rotation: from 270° to 900°
ALSO COMPATIBLE WITH PC

PC compatibility is ensured thanks to the Thrustmaster drivers available for download from the ts.thrustmaster.com website. With these drivers, you can also make sure that you always have the latest firmware version available for your wheel.
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.ph ... =331&cid=1 should be the driver.

Notes regarding games: 

-	The wheel is compatible on PC with all car racing games which support the Xbox 360 gamepad controller.

-	The wheel is also compatible on PC with car racing games which are part of the ONLIVE® service.

General notes: 

On PC, you can test out your wheel's buttons and axes in Windows Game Controllers, once the drivers have been installed.
Im using a T300RRS on my PC. Works like a charm after i got thje game to actually USE the wheel! Had to unplug my Xbone contoller first LoL
Axel Slingerland

#6 Post by Axel Slingerland » 19 Feb 2015 18:50

deano1987 wrote:So firstly my steering wheel has no options for degrees of rotation or anything like that. unfortunately.
Yes, it does. You just have to learn how to change it. Did you read Unco's reply?
deano1987 wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop this behaviour?
Learn how your wheel works... Google is a very useful research tool. I suggest going to Thrustmaster's website and reading about it.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Layzie

#7 Post by Layzie » 06 Dec 2017 20:50

Hey, It might be a bit late but I found the solution. Go to your Keys & Buttons and reset to default. Try the configure wizard again and you'll be grand!

Return to “Steering wheel + pedals”