ffb road bumbs

mgysgtdev

ffb road bumbs

#1 Post by mgysgtdev » 20 Jul 2020 13:25

Hi, when driving over a road bump for instance at the entrance of a company there are those small bumps. Those bumps throw my steering wheel quit hard to the left and right (also when my rear tractor wheels are driving over them). Is there a way to turn these off? Or maybe by editing the a def file?
Proud owner of a homemade DAF XF105 Simpit
[ external image ]
The Old Fart

Re: ffb road bumbs

#2 Post by The Old Fart » 20 Jul 2020 13:44

@mgysgtdev, luckily you can change this behaviour in the game itself. In the main screen open the option tab (for graphics / audio, etc) and go to the 'controls' page. Scroll down until you get to force feedback settings - there are multiple sliders which control what you experience in the game.

For your issue, try moving the sliders for 'terrain' and 'dampers' from their middle position to about 1/3rd of the way to the left. You may also have to adjust some other of these force feedback sliders as well - experiment.

While you're at it, You might also want to try adjusting your truck's suspension and cabin suspension settings to the left as well.

Play with these values until you arrive at something that works for you.
Old Fart Trucking - I haul ass, and everything else!
mgysgtdev

#3 Post by mgysgtdev » 24 Jul 2020 19:18

@The Old Fart can't get rid if it weirdly enough
[ external image ]
The Old Fart

#4 Post by The Old Fart » 25 Jul 2020 00:34

@mgysgtdev, ok, if the game sliders for force feedback don't seem to be adjusting it, check if the force feedback on checkbox is checked.

If it does not look like the game is adjusting your wheel's feedback at all then you should really unplug the wheel and plug it in again. This often resets any issues. If that does not help, go into the software that came with your wheel, there should be settings for adjusting the feedback - check that everything is set correctly for your configuration. There may also be an update to the wheel's software available - worth checking as well. Beyond that, I'm out of ideas.

Good luck getting it to work and, when you do, let us know what the problem was so that others can benefit from how you solved it!
mgysgtdev

#5 Post by mgysgtdev » 25 Jul 2020 10:40

@The Old Fart disabled rear traction loss ane road bumps in my controller settings and that kinda removed it but not completly
[ external image ]
The Old Fart

#6 Post by The Old Fart » 26 Jul 2020 13:11

mgysgtdev, post which controller you are using, maybe someone who uses one can help you fine tune your settings.
mgysgtdev

#7 Post by mgysgtdev » 26 Jul 2020 17:13

@The Old Fart i am using the accuforce direct drive wheel
[ external image ]
paulieGTR

#8 Post by paulieGTR » 11 May 2021 21:50

@mgysgtdev
Did you ever solve that.?

Goto forcefeedback settings in Options > Controls.. Set the Forcefeedback "Damper" slider all the way to the left.
Be aware though, doing this disables all damper 'loading and unloading' forces. It also disables speed bump and kerb effects so you won't feel anything when/if mounting a kerb or going over the speed bumps.
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
mgysgtdev

#9 Post by mgysgtdev » 12 May 2021 07:51

@paulieGTR
I managed to get it somewhat down by adjusting the "steering feedback foundation" in the sim comander 4 software. Still feel it but not as much as it was before.
[ external image ]

Return to “Steering wheel + pedals”