Problems with a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel!

ohaha

Re: Problems with a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel!

#11 Post by ohaha » 09 Sep 2013 21:34

That's in the wheel's settings, in Windows, somewhere.
Try and find the device's properties or governing software (I don't have one so I wouldn't know exactly, but it must be somewhere, probably in Control Panel).
Retired, but still loving it.
BHS

#12 Post by BHS » 09 Sep 2013 22:09

Actually the wheel should come with a Logitech driver and a Logitech gui called Logitech Profiler. If not, try to download it from the Logitech site.

In the gui, you can set up your wheel to be 780 degrees as Max already said. You can allso set up buttons etc. in that gui by making a profile for ETS2 in it. Then just launch the gui/driver and then launch ETS2 and it should work if you have also set the non-linearity as Max also explained.

Personally I use a G27 wheel with pedals, and it's great. Don't know how I managed with just the keyboard earlier :)

And anyway it's not all that difficult to use a H-shift with clutch. You should try it. I drive an automatic IRL and have done for many years, but it's not all that hard to use manual and clutch.

Regards,
BHS
Amy_N

#13 Post by Amy_N » 09 Sep 2013 22:17

if answer is no, problem could be in non-linearity setting. your wheel can be set to 780 degrees (in game wheel range) with non-linearity to zero (leftmost) and this setup gives best drivinig experience.
Eureka ~ I think you did it (well, all who contributed) ~ I am still trying to figure out where I would set it to 780 or whatever degrees, but I saw the "Steering Non-Linearity" and the "Steering Sensitivity" sliders ~ I was looking in the wrong section! :oops:

Non-Linearity ~ I set this to 50% (middle) ~ seemed to work better there than all the way over to 0 (or left)
Sensitivity ~ I set this to about 10% ~ That seemed to work best for me!

I really just want to thank you all so much for helping and contributing. I really do appreciate it. I am so sorry for being a 'dummy' ~ Computers and me are not good friends most of the time ~ :mrgreen:

Once more ~ thanks a bunch guys! You are stars and have been very helpful.
Amy N. Miller
[ external image ]

Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorow!
Cadde

#14 Post by Cadde » 09 Sep 2013 22:18

Disregard what Ohaha said. ;)

What Max was saying is, go to the game options screen and select Keyboard:

[ external image ]

In the keyboard bindings, ensure that Steering Left and Steering Right are unbound:

[ external image ]

What's happening is that when you turn your wheel and these two are bound is that you need to pass a certain threshold for the "digital" inputs to trigger.
So have a look there, to unassign them you click them and press a button you already have assigned to something else (start/stop engine for instance) and re-use that for both.
Then re-assign your engine bind to what it was previously and both steering left/right should now turn N/A.
On extended hiatus.
Amy_N

#15 Post by Amy_N » 09 Sep 2013 22:29

BHS wrote:Actually the wheel should come with a Logitech driver and a Logitech gui called Logitech Profiler. If not, try to download it from the Logitech site.

In the gui, you can set up your wheel to be 780 degrees as Max already said. You can allso set up buttons etc. in that gui by making a profile for ETS2 in it. Then just launch the gui/driver and then launch ETS2 and it should work if you have also set the non-linearity as Max also explained.

Personally I use a G27 wheel with pedals, and it's great. Don't know how I managed with just the keyboard earlier :)

And anyway it's not all that difficult to use a H-shift with clutch. You should try it. I drive an automatic IRL and have done for many years, but it's not all that hard to use manual and clutch.

Regards,
BHS
The wheel is a second hand one that a friend of my cousin gave me. It came in a box but without pedals. In the box there were no drivers. I will search the Internet for the Logitech Profiler and see what I can figure out.

As for pedals, I will look to see on eBay if they might be selling some. I was looking at prices for a G27 and WOW, they are expensive. A little out of my budged for now. Remember a single mom with a little boy :mrgreen:

As for trying to drive with a clutch etc... I am sure I would drive into every dam, river, house, pedestrian, flying saucer, tree, building etc.. out there :lol:

I will see what expires in the future. As for the moment I am just happy to have a wheel and it configured. Maybe still needs a tweak here and there, but I am getting there!
Amy N. Miller
[ external image ]

Cadde

#16 Post by Cadde » 09 Sep 2013 22:36

Yes I am aware that i am double posting but for this case i deem it warranted.

As for stick shift, there is no better place to learn to stick shift than in a virtual setting where you can take it easy and there is no risk of damage to your vehicle, other vehicles and/or yourself.
This game is even better at teaching you to stick shift as you will learn how to stick shift with splitters.
It's really worth it when you get the basics down, it's fun to drive with stickshift and the better you get at it the smoother your driving experience in game will become because you have the clutch to help you inch along without the truck jumping off.
Want to go that extra ½ inch? You cant do that smoothly without a clutch in game.

As for rotation, my G27 has 900° and i keep it at that despite it not being a perfect 1:1 ratio with the game. I have set my steering non linearity to 33% and my sensitivity all the way to max and that works perfectly for me. The first full turn is about 1:1 ratio and the remaining quarter (which is rarely used anyways) gets about a 1.5:1 ratio.
But of course everyone is different and the best way to get a good setting is to try different setups.

One tip i can give you since you currently don't have any pedals... Do you have a spare keyboard lying around somewhere?
Would there possibly be someone somewhere with a spare keyboard that they don't use anymore?
Perhaps you can find one from somewhere that is broken or disused?
My idea is that you hook up a keyboard that doesn't work that well but has the spacebar and arrow keys working (yes, you can have more than one keyboard attached to your PC at the same time).
Now set your accelerator to two of the arrow keys on that keyboard and your brakes to the spacebar and place that keyboard on the floor.

There, you have free digital accelerator and brakes on the floor in the meantime until you get yourself a proper set of pedals.
That's what i would do in your situation.
On extended hiatus.
Unco

#17 Post by Unco » 09 Sep 2013 22:37

Logitech Profiler is there whether you bought the wheel or whatever. I don't think it's actually needed, but you just need to set the Degrees of Rotation as I mentioned in my earlier post in your topic. This is done within the "Windows" environment. Nothing to do with ETS2 or Logitech Profiler.

Try to read some of the topics already posted in the Steering Wheel + Pedals forum on the Driving Force GT and similar wheels, as setup cannot possibly be that different from one system to another.
Amy_N

#18 Post by Amy_N » 09 Sep 2013 22:39

Thanks Cadde ~ I have just set that and it seems to work great. I noticed under 'Throttle and Brakes' you also have N/A ~ Should I change that too?

Much obliged ;)
Amy N. Miller
[ external image ]

BHS

#19 Post by BHS » 09 Sep 2013 22:43

Sorry Unco, but that is not completely correct.

In the Profiler, you select 'specific settings for game' and in that next window, you set the number of degrees for wheel rotation that you want.

Regards,
BHS
Unco

#20 Post by Unco » 09 Sep 2013 22:45

But isn't that available within Windows?
edit: I will have to check this sometime later this week. Personally, I think I am doing well enough typing this after an evening with my Polish colleagues visiting Denmark :)

Return to “Steering wheel + pedals”