Problems with a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel!

Bonden

Re: Problems with a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel!

#31 Post by Bonden » 08 Oct 2013 02:29

On the rev counter, I normally change gears once it reaches the 'blue' Would that be correct?
I wondered what the blue band was and finally found it designates the engine speed where the engine brake is most effective.

That is actually a pretty good place to up-shift. You want the rpm to be in the torque band after you shift to the next higher gear. Most important though - don't lug the engine and avoid over speeding.

Have fun...
Cadde

#32 Post by Cadde » 08 Oct 2013 04:34

No, the optimal torque is between 1300 and 1500 RPM.
On extended hiatus.
Pasilius

#33 Post by Pasilius » 08 Oct 2013 05:32

I usually shift when it's between 1400 and 1600 rpm.
Although, if I'm going uphill, I might let it go up to 1800 maybe. Depends on the load I'm haulin'
Dr doom

#34 Post by Dr doom » 06 Jul 2015 09:03

Hi Amy, if you want to have 900 degrees turning and/or use the stick sifter on the right of the steering wheel, you need Logitech Profiler and Logitech Gaming Software, after you download both of the software's and install them, go to the Logitech Profiler and click on the Device tab and then the Game Controllers tab, after that click on properties and then on settings, then at the Degrees of Rotation slide the bar all the way to the right (900 Degrees) and check the box at the bottom called Allow Game To Adjust Settings (if you also want force feedback tick the rest of the boxes, however the force feedback will not work unless you tick the force feedback box in the controller section of the settings tab in game) to use the stick shifter, simply go to the game settings, click on the keyboard tab and change the shift up and shift down tab from whatever it sais to gear shifter up and gear shifter down (could be written differently in game).

download Logitech Gaming Software http://support.logitech.com/software/gaming-software
download Logitech profiler for Driving Force GT http://support.logitech.com/product/dri ... t#download
ADONIS69

#35 Post by ADONIS69 » 03 Dec 2015 14:16

Hey guys,
this is out of topic, but can you please tell me if it's easy to fit the shifter on the other side like in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teAEfUx9cxA
99xPiratex99

#36 Post by 99xPiratex99 » 03 Dec 2020 18:57

hello,
do you have the Logitech Gaming Software ?
if not , get it to configure your wheel and set it to 780 degrees
EricF

#37 Post by EricF » 04 Feb 2021 12:22

ADONIS69 wrote: 03 Dec 2015 14:16 Hey guys,
this is out of topic, but can you please tell me if it's easy to fit the shifter on the other side like in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teAEfUx9cxA
Looks like the person who made that video just cut the part of the plastic housing off of the right-hand side of the wheel's base and then attached it to the other side. They would have had to move the wiring to the shifter switches as well, which probably requires a little bit of soldering. Not pretty, but it works.
David Paterson

#38 Post by David Paterson » 16 Sep 2021 04:56

I'm using a DF Pro, with the wheel set to 900 degrees. I've checked the Force Feedback box in game, but the wheel is super light, with almost no resistance or feedback.

Do I solve this by downloading Logitech Gaming Software and profiler, or can I fix it in game or via steam?
EricF

#39 Post by EricF » 16 Sep 2021 14:42

You'll need to install this driver from Logitech:
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-sg/artic ... g-Force-GT

Then, in order for the game to recognize the wheel and for the driver to work with the game, you have to use the driver software's interface to create a basic profile for ETS2 (and a separate one one for ATS if you have it). It's basically just a matter of pointing it to the game application so that it "knows" when it launches. You can take the defaults for the profile; make you FFB settings and button assignments in the game.
David Paterson

#40 Post by David Paterson » 17 Sep 2021 10:55

when I try to download the Logitech Gaming Software, I get this message:
There are no Downloads for this Version.

Return to “Steering wheel + pedals”