steam

yorrick

steam

#1 Post by yorrick » 16 Jun 2017 21:03

first of all hi im new here.

now i am not a big fan of steam but it seems scs is.

for me it becomes hader and harder to buy dlcs from scs directly maybe its me being a dumbo. anyway casn someone tell me if scs plans to go full on steam or are the dlcs being published on a later date by scs themselves

looking forward to your responses

best regards

Yorrick Willemsen
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: steam

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 16 Jun 2017 21:12

except for Map DLCs no DLC will be released outside of Steam

even the next Map DLC could be steam only because that way it is easier for SCS to distribute it to the user

same for updates and betas it is easier to with steam that way

so yes ETS2 will be steam only some time in the feature like ATS already is
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Axel Slingerland

Re: steam

#3 Post by Axel Slingerland » 17 Jun 2017 10:06

Yes, SCS announced about two years ago that they were going to make ETS2 Steam Only by the end of the year. But obviously they changed their minds because they didn't do that. As far as when they will do that, your guess is as good as anyone else's. But if you read between the lines, it's obvious they will do it some day. A few months ago the non-Steam links suddenly became harder to find. They were still on their website, but you had to know where they were to download any of the files. Of course, they were quickly found and now people know where they are. But that was like a neon sign in my opinion. Sooner or later, I think it quite possibly it will be "sooner", the so called "Legacy" game will no longer be available anymore.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”