Doubles & Prefabs

Veritas1983

Doubles & Prefabs

#1 Post by Veritas1983 » 17 Aug 2017 12:44

Hello!

I'm the developer of the Rotterdam Map on 1:1 scale and I use a lot of custom prefabs because I don't like the trailers with no skin that are placed at company prefabs.
Now my question: What is the criteria for double trailers regarding company in and out cargo?
Can this be arranged through altering def files or do you need the latest company prefab models?
Is it in the company .ppd file whether it's possible to pick up & deliver double trailers at that specific company?
Max
SCS Software

Re: Doubles & Prefabs

#2 Post by Max » 17 Aug 2017 20:48

there are two basic mechanisms. in ETS2 cargoes that can be loaded into doubles are spawned and delivered only in companies that have big enough prefabs - this is driven by economy defs only. in ATS there is also used length limitation per specific prefab (look for allowed_trailer_length in prefab descriptor def) and precomputed trailer length in trailer economy def.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Veritas1983

#3 Post by Veritas1983 » 18 Aug 2017 07:25

Thank you Max for the reply! I will be taking a look in the ETS2 structure...
And I do have the double trailers now because it seems they were only allowed in Scandinavia (DLC North)?
IonutL

#4 Post by IonutL » 18 Aug 2017 16:07

Legally the type of doubles that SCS have released can only be used in Scandinavian countries. But modifying some definitions, you can make them spawning all over the map.
Here's a quote of Max post from the 1.28 beta thread:
these are things that i had noted somewhere. nevertheless, its not complete as i recall at least new flare attribute that is not here (i will add later).
- Instead of just cog_height/longitudinal_offset now trailer definition specify how cargo mass is distributed among multiple trailers and cog_offsets of all trailers (trailer_def::cargo_mass_ratio[], cog_offset[], float resp float3)
- Chassis has added definition for weight distribution and connection types (chassis_data::weight_distribution, types semitrailer (default), trailer, spreader)
- Specified roll and pitch for trailer and spreader joints (physics_data::trailer_joint_roll, trailer_joint_pitch, spreader_joint_roll, spreader_joint_pitch)
- Added country limitations where given cargo + trailer combination can be loaded/unloaded (trailer_def::country[], list of tokens, empty = no restriction)
- Added prefab limitation where given trailer can be loaded/unloaded (prefab_desc::allowed_trailer_length, trailer_def::length, 0-255, 0 = no restriction, map must be resaved after change)
- Added optional data for combined engine brake/retarder control on one stick (transmission_data::auxiliary_brakes[], float3 = (retarder strength, engine brake strength, engine brake downshift))
- Added exterior camera height limit (vehicle_behind_rotation_camera::height_limit)
- Separated experience bonuses for parking of multi trailer vehicles (economy_data::exp_park_double_bonus, exp_park_double_bonus_medium, exp_park_double_bonus_hard, hard parking can be allowed by "g_simple_parking_double 0")
Veritas1983

#5 Post by Veritas1983 » 20 Aug 2017 18:42

This could be helpful but are you sure this is for ETS2 and not ATS?
Max
SCS Software

#6 Post by Max » 20 Aug 2017 20:04

it works for both games in same way.
as i wrote, we used economical cargo dependencies and country limits in ETS2 and trailer length and country limits in ATS.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”