Activate Retail Version of DLC in Steam

MrJonton01

Activate Retail Version of DLC in Steam

#1 Post by MrJonton01 » 04 Nov 2017 09:30

Hey!

I tried to google around a bit but I didn't find a answer to my question:
I want to buy the Retail Version of the Vive La France! DLC in a local shop. But I have the Steam Version of the original game. Will it be possible to then activate the DLC in the steam version of ETS2 or would I need the non-steam version?

Thanks for an answer in advance,
MrJonton01
Reinhard

Re: Activate Retail Version of DLC in Steam

#2 Post by Reinhard » 04 Nov 2017 13:39

All I know is that the Steam-version France-DLC will not work with the retail game. And vice versa.

If a boxed version DLC is for the retail game or Steam? No idea, should be written on the box. May be both versions are available in store. This could depend on the country you are in. In Germany, there is only the Steam-version sold. In some countries you don't even get a boxed version.

Just make sure it really is for Steam, because a key for the retail DLC will not work in Steam, any more. In the past, it was different.
MrJonton01

#3 Post by MrJonton01 » 04 Nov 2017 14:02

Okay, thanks. I want to buy the Vive La France! DLC in Germany in a Müller Store, are you sure they are for Steam? I just can't go and watch if it is, because it would take some time for me to get there.
Last edited by ohaha on 04 Nov 2017 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed. Do not quote preceding message. Do not quote entire message.
Reinhard

#4 Post by Reinhard » 06 Nov 2017 07:44

I've never visited a Müller store, so I can't know what they offer.

But the German distributor-partner of SCS games, Astragon, does only offer Steam versions of this DLC. Amazon Germany as well has exclusively Steam versions of this DLC. So I doubt there is a non-Steam France-DLC available, in any German store.

The Müller Online shop doesn't mention Steam in the "Vive la France" showcase. But it doesn't mention Steam in the ATS offers, and ATS is for sure Steam-only, there is no retail-version existing.

All this is a strong indication that this DLC offer is for Steam, but I can't assure you of this, sorry.
Komat
SCS Software

#5 Post by Komat » 06 Nov 2017 10:07

The only non-Steam version of Vive la France is fairly well hidden on our eshop. All other versions are Steam keys.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#6 Post by Mohegan13 » 06 Nov 2017 10:27

MrJonton01 wrote: 04 Nov 2017 09:30
Will it be possible to then activate the DLC in the steam version of ETS2 or would I need the non-steam version?
No. You cannot activate a retail (disc) version of DLC France via Steam.

Q: Where can I buy the legacy version?

A: You can buy the legacy version here: Euro Truck Simulator 2, Going East!, Scandinavia, Vive la France !
Please note that legacy keys for Vive la France ! can't be activated on Steam.
You can download the game files here and update your existing installation here.

https://eurotrucksimulator2.com/support.php
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Komat
SCS Software

#7 Post by Komat » 06 Nov 2017 10:45

Moh1336 wrote: 06 Nov 2017 10:27 You cannot activate a retail (disc) version of DLC France via Steam.
You need to differentiate between method of distribution (i.e. digital vs retail box with disc) and the key it contains (i.e. Steam vs Steam-redeemable legacy key vs unredeemable legacy key).

All retail boxes created since end of 2015 contain a Steam key. This includes all retail versions of Scandinavia and Vive la France DLCs. For Scandinavia DLC it is possible to purchase a Steam-redeemable legacy key on our eshop. For Vive la France it is possible to purchase a unredeemable legacy key on our eshop.
Reinhard

#8 Post by Reinhard » 06 Nov 2017 10:56

Digital? Will it run on my analog computer? Or do I need an emulator? :D

[ external image ]
(www.technikum29.de)
MrJonton01

#9 Post by MrJonton01 » 06 Nov 2017 21:56

Thank you all for your answers, I think I might go to get it soon ;)

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”