How to get 100 percent on the Explore Map

Smokey27

How to get 100 percent on the Explore Map

#1 Post by Smokey27 » 13 Sep 2020 14:27

In both ATS & ETS2 I'm curious how to cover 100 percent of the map (Other than driving it). In ATS I drove the entire map until the latest map addition, I'm currently at 99.99 percent & for the life of me can't find the minuscule piece of GRAY land I haven't driven over.
Some newbie driver

Re: How to get 100 percent on the Explore Map

#2 Post by Some newbie driver » 13 Sep 2020 21:48

There use to be a few but enough hard to spot tiny pieces of roadmap, here and there. Some of them aren't even on the main roads due several mistakes on the map design, so they are harder to find. And as they are so small, it's difficult to spot them manually following all the roads in all the map (easy to miss some place trying to follow so many different roads. Bear in mind too that updates include from time to time small fixes on the map that could make little sectors of road to become unexplored (gray) even if you know you already had driven on there. It's usual too to have uncovered places hidden under some icons of the map, specially with recruiting agencies.

If you find it too difficult and think you are stuck, there are some mods that help making more visible those uncovered spots. But anyway, you still need to do some search.

Regards
RoxyQuarry

#3 Post by RoxyQuarry » 27 Sep 2020 08:13

IvanKuz

#4 Post by IvanKuz » 28 Sep 2020 14:53

In ATS at least there was a bug where there were tiny pieces of undiscoverable roads at gas stations which prevented players from getting those last 0.01%. I'm not sure if it was ever fixed, I gave up chasing the 100% discovery after Oregon came out.
Smokey27

#5 Post by Smokey27 » 11 Oct 2020 13:15

Thanks all, I knew all the qwerks with updates, map fixes, icon blind spots, & hidden roads stuff. I had 100 percent up until the last addition and update. I guess the anal side of my brain is just going to have to live with 99.99 percent and move on. I've played around with numerous truck, car & map mods but don't want to screw up too much of what I already have. Thanks Again.
Smokey27

#6 Post by Smokey27 » 04 Feb 2021 16:33

I tried this on ETS2 and it works GREAT, Thank You. My 99.99 percent headache is on ATS. I tried the download and put it in the mod file on ATS like normal mods but it crashed when I opened the map, after several tries, I removed the mod. :?: Thanks again for your help.
Saiph

#7 Post by Saiph » 07 Feb 2021 18:06

Are petrol/gas stations, sleeping areas and other "off-road" areas counted towards the 100% total? Or is it only the main roads?
Madkine
Global moderator

#8 Post by Madkine » 07 Feb 2021 20:48

All areas that show on the map count. (This includes recruitment centres that are often hidden under their icon.)
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Steve Pitts

#9 Post by Steve Pitts » 07 Feb 2021 21:25

There are some fuel stations and rest areas that don't play into the discovery percentage, but they will have no visible background (but beware, as Madkine says, of map items that are hidden behind their icons even on the fully zoomed in map, which affects more than just the driver agencies). The best place to spot these undiscovered pieces is on the route advisor with the F5 navigation zoomed in as far as it will go - it has four settings, with the full zoom being too close for normal driving as far as I'm concerned but ideal for spotting missing map items. The other trick you can use is to move the map around such that the icon disappears off the top of the screen but some part of the area underneath it is still visible (if you don't want to install mods to remove the icons altogether and re-colour the roads, that is, which some of us don't)
Cheers, Steve
Some newbie driver

#10 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 Feb 2021 14:04

One last thing, that was confirmed by Max here in the forum:

The % map discovery counter is rounded UP. That means that you don't need to find absolutely all the road sectors to achieve the 100. As far as you arrive to 99,996% is enough. And that means a lot of really small and nasty pieces of map that you will save to find if you want the achievement; specially if you have all the map DLC (the more roads your map has, the more small bits enter in that remaining 0,004% you don't need to find).

Regards

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”