When Are Account Restrictions Lifted?

Cyclone

When Are Account Restrictions Lifted?

#1 Post by Cyclone » 24 Feb 2021 00:57

Just curious as I just posted two new posts and both are awaiting approval (surely this one will too), and went to send a PM to someone asking this question, but PMs are also conveniently disabled until I "participate in more discussions", meaning blindly waiting for messages to be approved and not really having any way to quickly and actively take a meaningful part in a discussion or get a quick answer on something...

I also searched the forum and merely found a bunch of posts saying "well, you should send the mods a private message about this if you see it", etc.

So for my own sake of sanity, what are the guidelines for this? How does one get moved to the "safe" group? I've been on the Internet for enough of my life to be trustworthy, after all. LOL If I missed a post explaining this, also feel free to point me there.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: When Are Account Restrictions Lifted?

#2 Post by Mohegan13 » 24 Feb 2021 11:24

It's probably already lifted.

The forum requires 2 posts to be approved before the "new user" restrictions are automatically lifted to prevent against spambots.

For some reason the 2 posts you made last year didn't count towards your post count. So it took you 4 total posts to be removed from the group. 🤷‍♂
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Cyclone

Re: When Are Account Restrictions Lifted?

#3 Post by Cyclone » 28 Feb 2021 22:33

Quote removed - Don't quote the post above - Rule 2.12

It could also be related to the fact that I made three posts in one day without any being approved yet. That might be the cause of having three unapproved posts; to prevent those spammy people getting unwanted crap in every forum with only their first two posts flagged. LOL

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”