Will the Official SCS Multiplayer Mess your save game up

CarbonGTGaming

Will the Official SCS Multiplayer Mess your save game up

#1 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 15 Mar 2021 02:35

Now I know it’s early days but after hearing about an SCS official Multiplayer called Convoy will it mess up your Save game for example the in game time cos am a bit worried about it once it comes out me and my friend are excited though but if anyone from scs sees this plz get in touch just don’t want to lose my 7 year save game which I worked extremely hard to achieve
BlackBloodRum

Re: Will the Official SCS Multiplayer Mess your save game up

#2 Post by BlackBloodRum » 15 Mar 2021 04:04

Relax!

There's a simple solution to this.

Backup your save file regularly

Aside from that you could use a new profile for online stuff thus not messing with your main save file. Oh and don't use your main save in open beta's :-).

With that said, I don't think SCS would intentionally break save games like that, so you should be fine anyway.
Open Modder - Making mods for the fun of modding, without locking them or trying to make a profit. The way modding should be.

World of Trucks | Screenshots | ATS Mods | ETS2 Mods | Gitlab Repositories
CarbonGTGaming

#3 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 16 Mar 2021 18:35

Well true enough I have been participating in Open betas for years now
55sixxx

#4 Post by 55sixxx » 16 Mar 2021 19:11

Why would it mess it up ??? I don't see a reason for that... Mainly because it will be an official feature and i'm sure they will be sure that the multiplayer does not break your save game !!

TMP kinda messes with the in-game time though and adds thousands of days to how long your company has been running... But that does not interfere with the gameplay and it's not game breaking. If TMP managed to do it without critical bugs i'm SCS will do the same and maybe even better.
poozykrem

#5 Post by poozykrem » 16 Mar 2021 21:34

Official MP is on a very-very early stage so it would be better to wait for further official information
CarbonGTGaming

#6 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 17 Mar 2021 01:30

I understand that it is in very early development just asking for a friend cos he doesn’t want to start over again
bobgrey1997

#7 Post by bobgrey1997 » 17 Mar 2021 02:34

Bas, as far as anyone can tell you:
Be prepared to backup your saves, just in case (it is good practice in general, though I admittedly never do it myself), or be prepared to create a second multiplayer-dedicated profile.
Beyond that, just wait for further official news from the SCS Blog and streams. However, it is hard to find a likely explanation to how or why the multiplayer system will cause any harm to existing saves, but the above-mentioned solutions are good preventative measures in the unlikely event such an update does cause issues.
CarbonGTGaming

#8 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 16 Apr 2021 23:01

Am always prepared for something new ether official new stuff from scs or mods like promods so am pretty much prepared just wanted to ask this cos my friend is a bit concerned about it all

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”