if i uninstall a dlc does my progress get erased?

jaunco325

if i uninstall a dlc does my progress get erased?

#1 Post by jaunco325 » 14 May 2021 01:40

I want to uninstall the map DLC to test something. but I am afraid that by reinstalling them I will lose my exploration progress on those maps. is this progress lost or saved the same?
xyzan

Re: if i uninstall a dlc does my progress get erased?

#2 Post by xyzan » 14 May 2021 07:32

I think you won't be able to load your profile if you turn off your map DLC.
If you are saying about map mod - progress won't be lost. It is saved inside save file - so if you reenable the mod, the progress will be like it was - as it is saved which segment of road was already discovered.
Reinhard

#3 Post by Reinhard » 14 May 2021 07:55

xyzan wrote: 14 May 2021 07:32 I think you won't be able to load your profile if you turn off your map DLC.
Correct. You are forced to create a new profile, if you want to play and test, then.
jaunco325

#4 Post by jaunco325 » 14 May 2021 14:13

Too bad of the developers, I would have preferred progress to be lost. are there tricks to have more money and unlock everything?
Some newbie driver

#5 Post by Some newbie driver » 15 May 2021 13:04

The save game not only contains your map progress. Contain lots of other things that can be related to the presence of a given DLC when the save was created. That's why you can't use a profile that required certain DLCs if you remove any of them.

The problem is exactly the same if you use certain kind of mods (maps, vehicles, accessories...). If one of those mods don't receive updates anymore, you will have problems to continue using the profile. If you try to change things, you could end with a corrupt save game.

That's not a "too bad of the developers". That's how things should work if you pretend that a save game contains all the correct info one need to restore the game session exactly where it was last time. Last thing SCS wants is to cause their customers to lose their progress. Yours is an edge case, don't expect the game (any game) to be prepared to it.

Regards
jaunco325

#6 Post by jaunco325 » 15 May 2021 15:32

Some newbie driver wrote: 15 May 2021 13:04 The save game not only contains your map progress. Contain lots of other things that can be related to the presence of a given DLC when the save was created. That's why you can't use a profile that required certain DLCs if you remove any of them.
examples?
Some newbie driver

#7 Post by Some newbie driver » 16 May 2021 11:52

Your location if you are placed in the boundaries of a map DLC. The same for any possible AI driver you had. Garages you could had purchased. Accessories you could had put on any truck (yours, stopped on a garage or being used by AI drivers)...

The release by SCS of a new map DLC in the game already causes log warnings for everybody who doesn't even had purchased the DLC (due some checks made at the sectors that border with the new map zones). Go imagine what could cause the fact that one had got a map DLC on a profile and remove it later.

Regards
xXCARL1992Xx

#8 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 16 May 2021 12:04

those warnings only mean that the game cant find the city because no def exist for it and this is just because this one sector is shared between 2 DLCs, SCS could disable this warning but they left it for modders to debug their map mods, Italy DLC had it, ATS has it in more then 1 DLC were a sector is shared between 2 DLCs and it contained cities from each one
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
jaunco325

#9 Post by jaunco325 » 16 May 2021 15:58

The position of the player could be reset as they do when the game is updated as well as those of the AI. garages could be erased and trucks restored to factory value.
Reinhard

#10 Post by Reinhard » 16 May 2021 16:17

Why should a company invest effort into making it bulletproof to disable a DLC? What is the benefit for the player?

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”