if i uninstall a dlc does my progress get erased?

Tarso
Beta tester

Re: if i uninstall a dlc does my progress get erased?

#11 Post by Tarso » 16 May 2021 16:26

IIRC you could sell all garages in the DLC, make a separate savegame within profile and disable a map DLC.

Maybe it will give you some errors for missing garage Spawn points but still work.
jaunco325

#12 Post by jaunco325 » 16 May 2021 18:56

being able to deactivate a dlc at ease seems little to you? Nor that it was so difficult, they have spent more resources on less important things.

also it would be solved much easier on its own, allowing money and experience to be passed from one profile to another (also this would allow players to test bugs and report them)
jaunco325

#13 Post by jaunco325 » 16 May 2021 18:59

What does IIRC mean?
Some newbie driver

#14 Post by Some newbie driver » 16 May 2021 20:17

jaunco325 wrote: 16 May 2021 15:58The position of the player could be reset as they do when the game is updated as well as those of the AI. garages could be erased and trucks restored to factory value.
You ask me examples, I give you some that I just know, it doesn't means there aren't others. So we can keep talking about that all the time you want, that's not going to give you an answer you will like to listen.

Can SCS invest time and efforts to make all the changes needed to avoid any problem? Yes they can, of course, is their game. But i really doubt they will not lose time on a useless change like that.

You say they had lost more time in more useless things, but that's not true. You consider some of those changes useless FOR YOU. As I can consider other changes useless for me. But SCS is not going to develop anything asking us if we consider it useful or not. All SCS does is useful FOR THEM, for what they considerate it could help better their game to evolve, to improve and to keep having customers that allows their company to run. That's the only usefulness that it's relevant in here.

Now think about if SCS has any interest at all that players could mess enabling and disabling DLCs in their profiles.

Regards

PS: I know that xXCARL1992Xx. I was explaining an example to illustrate that inner data of the game has a lot more of bindings that could seem at first glance. Maybe wasn't the better example, but was the first it came to my mind.
jaunco325

#15 Post by jaunco325 » 16 May 2021 21:02

They have updated the cockpit accessories DLC for free something that is more resource intensive than this. but hey, you're right, why are they going to worry about players who were disappointed by some DLC and now they can't get their games back and have to start from scratch? it is more important to put a dog that moves its head.
Some newbie driver

#16 Post by Some newbie driver » 16 May 2021 21:13

You don't have to start "from scratch". You should have backups of your profiles for every update the game has made since you started to play with that profile.

So, you can revert back to that update, load that saved profile and move on. That should suffice to any person in your situation and covers also any other player that don't like to play on a recent update for whatever reason.

And considering the question you made me before, you are not in position to judge if the moving-head dog needs more time to be made than the request you are doing (if you could have a little idea about that, you would not had asked it at all). Not to mention than 3D models aren't made by the same workers that change the code of the game. You are just ranting now. Keep with that nonsense if you want.

Regards
jaunco325

#17 Post by jaunco325 » 17 May 2021 01:32

And do you think the dog did not need to change the game code? who is the one who has no idea? everything requires changing the code, only that this problem only requires code while the dog, and everything that accompanies it, in addition to code needs modeling and physics. which makes it more complex.
also, as I said before, extremely simple solutions can be implemented. that, although they are not perfect, would help a lot.

and normal people only have one backup, relatively recent to the normal game. just in case the save gets corrupted for reasons that may even be external to the game, which is normal. no one is expected that the game will present a total failure, from the save, just by removing a DLC

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”