Definitions of all freights in ETS2

Roko

Definitions of all freights in ETS2

#1 Post by Roko » 25 Sep 2021 15:28

Hey, community,
i'm not sure if this has been asked before, but in ETS2 there are definitions of all cargo that tell the game how heavy the cargo is, or what you see on the low loader for example.

Here's an example:
" /def/vehicle/trailer_cargo/scs_lowloader/helicopter.sii " - For example, this is the one from the helicopter.

The reason I ask is this: There are always new freights like the " Volvo Equipment DLC "

I'm just looking for an "easier" strategy instead of always creating an order and looking in the "game. sii" file every time. So I'm wondering if there's a place where all these freights are listed.

Thanks for the help in advance and sorry if this question has already been asked somewhere and I was just too stupid to see it. :D

Greetings Roko
Stay healthy! - Hobby turned into a profession – Trucker!
Some newbie driver

Re: Definitions of all freights in ETS2

#2 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Sep 2021 16:56

I think you are asking for @Steve Pitts help. If there's one person here that knows all the tricks to extract data from the game and navigate it, is him.
Steve Pitts

#3 Post by Steve Pitts » 25 Sep 2021 19:39

I suspect that it is just a language thing, but I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for or about. Hopefully the following will assist but if not please explain a little more.

Caveat: pretty much all of what follows has been worked out by observation, building code to extract information and then comparing what I've extracted with what I can see in game. Much of that was done before I discovered the modding wiki, but I have checked what I can against the information thereon. Since I have no insider information some of what follows might be utter tosh or have gaping holes.

I have never bothered with the files in /vehicle/trailer_cargo/ because they all relate to the graphics side of things, which I've never been too interested in. They all contain accessory_cargo_data units which relate to the physical appearance of the trailer in game and are occasionally referenced in game.sii (in vehicle_cargo_accessory units). The easiest way to see them all in game is to use the Vehicle Browser and select Trailer Listing.

They tell you nothing about the physical attributes of the cargo - that information is all held in /def/cargo/ and referenced via /def/cargo[.dlc].sii files which @include the .sui files from the cargo directory - which are all cargo_data units. All the cargoes in the game have a definition within that /def/cargo/ directory and as of v1.41 you only need to pull that directory from the base.scs and the three (now four) cargo pack .scs files.

The connection with trailers is more complicated and effected in two different ways, best as I can tell. The older trailers that are still not ownable are connected to the cargo by files in /def/cargo/cargo_name/ (eg. /def/cargo/diesel/) which will contain trailer_def units in that case. Not all files in /def/cargo/cargo_name/ are trailer_def units though, some are cargo_model_match units instead, the data_path attributes of which will link back into /def/vehicle/trailer_cargo/ for each model. Somewhat confusingly not all cargoes have such entries (eg. yoghurt) and those appear to have no distinguishing features and just link to the possible trailers via the entries in the body_types array attribute in the cargo_data unit.

The trailer_def units for all ownable trailers can be found in /def/vehicle/trailer_defs/ and the trailers can be found via /def/vehicle/trailer[.dlc].sii which pulls in all of the trailers via @include statements. There may be more interesting stuff hidden in the various /def/vehicle/trailer* directories but I've yet to find anything that interests me.
Cheers, Steve
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Sep 2021 20:00

the cargos are all in the cargo.sii or cargo.<DLC_NAME>.sii files
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”