[Guide] How to enable and use the developer console.

KFZKLINIK

Re: [Guide] How to enable and use the developer console.

#261 Post by KFZKLINIK » 04 Apr 2019 17:53

Okay thanks that helped me already.
xeviax

#262 Post by xeviax » 05 May 2019 17:07

I've got a very weird problem, my ETS2(1.34) console only open while I am in mod manager, job market, inside of truck dealer & upgrade shop. But if I press console key while my truck is on the road or at a parking spot, it doesn't open. If someone knows how to solve it. By the way, try resetting controls and new profiles a few times but it didn't solve this issue. I'm using Windows 10 v1809 & standard ps/2 keyboard.
Please tell me how to solve this issue.
nouris1968

#263 Post by nouris1968 » 11 May 2019 22:32

xeviax99 wrote: 05 May 2019 17:07 I've got a very weird problem, my ETS2(1.34) console only open while I am in mod manager, job market, inside of truck dealer & upgrade shop. But if I press console key while my truck is on the road or at a parking spot, it doesn't open. If someone knows how to solve it. By the way, try resetting controls and new profiles a few times but it didn't solve this issue. I'm using Windows 10 v1809 & standard ps/2 keyboard.
Please tell me how to solve this issue.
Same problem with you
F.Miniatis Spedition
Professional Driver/Member of Greek ETS2 & ATS Multiplayer
Made in Greece
[ external image ]
xeviax

#264 Post by xeviax » 15 May 2019 11:58

@nouris1968, I made a bug report but it didn't list as a bug yet. They gave me something, which didn't work in my case but you can at least try.
IonutL wrote: 12 May 2019 20:37 Try this, in that controls.sii file search for this line:
"mix console `modifier(no_modifier, keyboard.grave?0)`"
and replace it with this one:
"mix console `(! any_shift) & (! any_ctrl) & keyboard.grave?0`"
Merge Post :
@nouris1968, can I know which version of windows you use to play the game?
Teppey71

#265 Post by Teppey71 » 24 May 2019 10:07

Seifer1968 wrote: 07 Oct 2018 05:30 If you want use the console with Linux SO, open control file in your profile directory and search this string:

Code: Select all

"mix console `(! any_shift) & (! any_ctrl) & keyboard.grave?0`"
Delete and replace "grave?0" with "f9".
Example:

"mix console `(! any_shift) & (! any_ctrl) & keyboard.f9`"
Save the file.
Use F9 to turn on/off console.. Enjoy!
Hello

I have the same problem with Linux. Of course, I have also changed the parameters in the config file to "1". (console & developer)

I followed this guide, but it does not open a console. I took the "q" key (German layout "QWERTZ". But neither solo nor with + Ctrl. or + shift key - it will not open... Or must I need the big letter "Q"?
Btw. What tell me this

`(! any_shift) & (! any_ctrl) &
That's why I tried it with Ctrl or Shift key, too.
Beta tester for ProMods
Cadde

#266 Post by Cadde » 24 May 2019 10:55

The meaning of that in controls.sii is...

! - NOT
& - AND
any_shift - Any of the shift keys.
any_ctrl - Any of the Control keys.
?0 - This is a default value of zero if the particular input cannot be found. Say you misspelled "keyboard.grave" as "keybrd.graav" then it would default to zero. The same if a device doesn't exist. Such as a joystick etc.

So in readable English, it means:

NOT any shift key pressed AND NOT any control key pressed AND the "grave" key (~) on the keyboard is pressed.

If all those conditions are met, then the expression would return 1 and the console should toggle open/closed.
On extended hiatus.
Teppey71

#267 Post by Teppey71 » 24 May 2019 14:37

First thank you for your explain.

But before I have change the key, I had tried the "~" near the key "1", on German layout is this "^". With Windows functionally this perfect, but with Linux nothing happens.
No matter, if I change the key, nothing happens.

My second think is: I had read that it functionally, if I change to English layout. It is possible to take both layouts? I mean on Windows I write in German and in the game it is automatically with English layout. This should be possible, right?
Is this a Linux problem or can I put this in the game with a command?
Or can I do it only with admin-rights on Linux? But I had the config-file saved and if i reopen it, I can see my changes.
Beta tester for ProMods
Reinhard

#268 Post by Reinhard » 24 May 2019 15:10

I use Windows 10 with a German keyboard. I also use the key left to the '1', south of 'Esc', for calling the console. That key is labeled '^', while the binding in "controls.sii" is 'grave'. It doesn't matter if I use a German or US language setting for the game, it is always 'grave', and always the same key.

I explain it to me like this. Internally, like with the console, the game uses the standard US key binding. The mapping to your locale is only done for the game's user interface.

Why there are difficulties with your Linux box, I have no idea. It is ages ago that I used Linux.
Teppey71

#269 Post by Teppey71 » 24 May 2019 15:21

Why Linux? Today, Linux runs better and for letters and exel that's good enough. Why not use it for games? I am curious and would like to try it.

Sorry, I can't understand the last sentence. What do you mean with the word "Linux box"?
Beta tester for ProMods
Reinhard

#270 Post by Reinhard » 24 May 2019 15:39

A PC with Linux installed. :D
Teppey71 wrote: 24 May 2019 14:37 My second think is: I had read that it functionally, if I change to English layout. It is possible to take both layouts? I mean on Windows I write in German and in the game it is automatically with English layout. This should be possible, right?
You can change the language for the various menus, in the game, but the in-game keyboard layout should be defined by the operating system. If I use the 'y' key (of my QWERTZ keyboard), to assign an in-game function, the 'y' is properly displayed. Except for the console, which always reflects a US layout, and displays a 'z', for the same key.

If I would plug-in a US keyboard, and tell Windows to us the US layout, the game would only use that, for both menus and console.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”