How to transform my copy in a STEAM one?

lifeundone

Re: How to transform my copy in a STEAM one?

#21 Post by lifeundone » 31 Jan 2014 21:56

hey guys i got my copy from amazon.com and steam doesnt recognize my code.. any help?
Cadde

#22 Post by Cadde » 01 Feb 2014 19:23

contact support@scssoft.com for key issues.
On extended hiatus.
Max
SCS Software

#23 Post by Max » 01 Feb 2014 22:57

lifeundone wrote:hey guys i got my copy from amazon.com and steam doesnt recognize my code.. any help?
most of such issues are caused by incorrectly written code. check letters and numbers once again.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
adrian007

#24 Post by adrian007 » 01 Feb 2014 23:51

Hi ppl ,
Have activated my retail base game copy on Steam but can you confirm my suspicions about something ?
I have the DLC (legal) went to launch the game and it came back not recognising it, now do I need to enter the key for this as well I saw no mention of it on the page or have I missed something in translation :?:
Regards
Adrian 8-)
Cadde

#25 Post by Cadde » 02 Feb 2014 00:20

Yes Adrian, if you don't activate the DLC on Steam then it won't work with the Steam game. Steam will download it for you automatically when you have activated it.
On extended hiatus.
Unco

#26 Post by Unco » 02 Feb 2014 00:29

What Cadde said.

In Steam, go to "Games" and "Activate a product on Steam..." and enter your DLC key. Steam will then download it and when finished, you'll have the DLC.
hoddsy

#27 Post by hoddsy » 05 May 2014 21:20

guys i have a problem i have tried to copy my cd key (genuine) to my steam profile and its telling me its already been used? now i have emailed scs and they tell me to contact steam to which i have done and steam replyed check this list if the game is in the list send comfirmation email back with my steam ticket number check the list and its not on there here is link i got in email i confused ? hellp

Please ensure that the title you are trying to register is on the following list: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -WUSF-3601 . If the title is on this list and is the correct format, attach an image of the CD Key with your ticket number written on it.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -WUSF-3601
Reef

#28 Post by Reef » 06 May 2014 10:50

Their list is clearly outdated (good job Steam as if you needed to add any fuel to the Steam haters fire)

You need to mail them again stating that their list is outdated and that Euro Truck Simulator 2 should in fact be on that list so could you please respond to my original query of my key being unusable and send them the ticket with the image of your CD key like they asked (with the receipt next to it if you still have it)

I honestly don't know if SCS can fight your corner for you, an SCS staff member would need to answer that for you and the best way to ask is probably not on these open forums but via e-mail to scs support directly.

Don't know if anything i wrote will help or that its even the correct course to follow but its what i'd do.

Good luck.
Dalgaard

#29 Post by Dalgaard » 15 Aug 2014 17:27

i tried to go on steam for all the nice DLC's but when i have regisred euro truck original game i then typed in the activation code for the Going East then went in the game and it says i needed the DLC Going East to play... So f*** Steam, staying with the box edition.

ALL my Euro truck stuff is ofcourse legal and bought with hard earned Money.

EDIT: And i have already bought the DLC's cargo pack etc..
Unco

#30 Post by Unco » 15 Aug 2014 19:54

So just to be clear, you're hijacking this thread just to have a rant about your inability to perform a simple task in Steam instead of creating your own thread asking for help like most people would?

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”