Weird Iveco Hiway feeling...

SiSL
SCS Software

Weird Iveco Hiway feeling...

#1 Post by SiSL » 30 Jun 2015 21:51

I don't know you guys, but I felt strange driving Iveco Stralis Hiway, not sure if this is on other Iveco's...

I always drive 4x2's, I mean "always", so it is not axle manuverability thing.

But since that 780 to 900 degree wheel changes, compared to , say, Mercedes, I have to rotate more for same degree of turning... Wheel on screen turns fine, but the truck does not turn accordinly.... Feeling a lot more rotating the wheel for doing same turns compared to other 4x2's...

Is it just me? I don't know if bug, so I just wanted to post here first...
Axel Slingerland

Re: Weird Iveco Hiway feeling...

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 30 Jun 2015 22:59

Even before that change, I have always been more comfortable with mine set to less than 400°. I've tried going higher but I always ended up turning the wheel a lot to turn the truck only a little, and I don't like it that way. Unless I am turning around, and I do three point turns when I do that, I usually don't have to turn the wheel that much in my car.

Everyone said that ETS2 was set to 720° when I bought my G27 wheel. So I set it up that way, and I noticed that when I went to turn the truck it would understeer. So I got in my car and drove around the block and checked how many times I had to turn the wheel to turn corners, and at the most on a regular corner, I turn the wheel about 3\4 of a turn. Then I messed with the settings in the game until I could do the same. Setting my G27 to 400° or less (with Logitech Profiler) is a close emulation of my car steering. Currently, I have it set to 360°. When my neck is less painful and my arms aren't protesting every turn, I pump it back up a little.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
SiSL
SCS Software

#3 Post by SiSL » 30 Jun 2015 23:18

well, yes, but I'm pointing about something different about a single truck, compared to others.

I was using 780 and moved to 900 when change happened, because I'm used to trucks :p however, didn't change my gameplay on other trucks but Iveco is weird on this case...

Especially Hi-way acts like it is 6x2 instead of 4x2 there...
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 30 Jun 2015 23:28

Ok, well... Nevermind. [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
thebigbadonion

#5 Post by thebigbadonion » 30 Jun 2015 23:54

I've never noticed anything with the hi-way, I actually find it a very pleasant truck to drive, even if its not the best looking, or has the nicest interior, it feels more compact some how. But I'll investigate further since you mentioned this. Although I tend to drive 6x2 mid lift, usually with the mid wheel raised unless the load is 20 ton or more. So perhaps its a 4x2 issure with it? Anything else that might be affecting it?

As for wheel rotation, that was only an animation, so won't have any baring on what SiSL mentions. I have mine (Driving Force GT) on the full 900 degrees.
SiSL
SCS Software

#6 Post by SiSL » 01 Jul 2015 00:37

I use highest sensitivity for wheel and no dead zones and linearity setting is zero, it works fine on other trucks like Mercedes, Volvo, Scania 4x2's, but Hiway 4x2 acts like 6x2 on turns, requires more rotating than others on same turns.

(ps: no mods, vanilla game, force gt also)

As I said, I'm not sure if it is a bug or if Iveco hi-way is dumb in reality like that too or my perception decieves me. But was half way on hitting stuff on turns as I get used to all other trucks turning nicely with same rotating gestures and styles. It would be nice to have confirmation or opposite feedback from you guys..
FlyingPigeon

#7 Post by FlyingPigeon » 02 Sep 2017 14:25

Know this is a very old topic, but i just stumped upon and i have the same thoughts and feeling about 4x2 highway, it feel like it need more turning of wheel to turn, i remeber the first times it caught me off guard all the time, so it not only you sisl
Scandinavian truckdriver.

Return to “Other”