Odd, strange, funny... way to control ETS2!

CXN2615

Odd, strange, funny... way to control ETS2!

#1 Post by CXN2615 » 14 Jan 2016 02:35

Hello everyone, I start the topic to collect "strange way" to blind and use conrtoller in ETS2.
Since it's hard for us to get a mechanically 1:1 realstic truck cockpit device, there are plenty of room for creativity! :lol:
Here are some of mine:

I'm also a flight sim player, so I bought a saitek flight pedal way before I got my G27, along with the half-broken(literally, missing one pedal) gaming pedal, I got a 3-pedal set for driving games.
[ external image ]
For those who don't know how flight pedal works: the forward-bcakward movement is for rudder control in flight and they are linked together, but both pedal can be pushed downward independetly for left\right wheel braking, and that's the axis I use for clutch\ brake when driving cars.
(BTW I used to steering with flight joysticks, that's kind of normal...)

However, as you know, ETS2 don't support clutch without an H-shifter
So I used the saitek throttle quadrant for that!
[ external image ]
Actually, very simular to a H-shifter, but instead of one stick that moves left-mid-right, I got 3!
For eg. shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear , I need to manually move the left lever from low to middle, then move the middle one up.
Then blinding some button for range-spliter, it's done!
But it's just complex enough, so I used 6-speed gearbox mod for all truck, soon...

Well, after my G27 arrived, that's all history...
But I just start a new one.
You know, G27 don't have a sequential gear lever. For racing game, I bought an arcade joystick to made gear lever.
[ external image ]
It's basically , a 4 button controller
But I just wonder, if it could also work with ETS2 too (but not as a sequential shifter, I play ETS2 with H-shifter or Automatic dependent on the gearbox fited in my truck)
After some try, I came up with this:

Hint up/ retarder
shift up up
....^.........^
......<------O------> toggle Auto\sequential
.... v.........v
Hint dn/ retarder
shift dn down

it's very handy when trucking with automatic gearbox, btw the G27's shifter is for select D/N/R.
And the straight up/down for retarder is mainly for manual gearbox, that's easier.

Here are some other's one:
Amy_N said that he uses the shift peddal on DFGT for throttle and brake. It reminds me I use L and R key for throttle-brake on psp to play GT race.
and I just copied the wayReef use a mouse for blinker (also the mid mouse wheel for cruise control)

I holp you can share your odd, strange or funny device or the way you blinding them ;)
Note:this topic is not for home-made device that intended to be "realitic", I've build a H-shifter after feel enough with the throttle quadrant, but that dosen't cont for this topic. :P
Cadde

Re: Odd, strange, funny... way to control ETS2!

#2 Post by Cadde » 15 Jan 2016 03:07

That's awesome!
On extended hiatus.
Axel Slingerland

Re: Odd, strange, funny... way to control ETS2!

#3 Post by Axel Slingerland » 15 Jan 2016 06:36

I like creativity... [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers

Return to “Other”