Anyone tried a force feedback shifter for non synchro boxes

A-Train80030

Re: Anyone tried a force feedback shifter for non synchro boxes

#21 Post by A-Train80030 » 03 Jan 2020 02:43

Wanted to give this thread a quick bump. I just stumbled across this and think this is an incredible idea. I noticed this has been quiet since about March. Any more work or testing on this project? Seriously awesome work by the way! :D
RiftFlyer

#22 Post by RiftFlyer » 08 Jan 2022 14:19

I had shared this concept a few years back but then got distracted.. I finally took some time to get it working.

Here is a video showing the stick working in game:
JustABadGamer

#23 Post by JustABadGamer » 24 Mar 2022 20:18

@RiftFlyer would you be willing to sell or share parts list/plans and the code you wrote (and one hell of a tutorial) or sell a prototype unit (with hopefully a bit less throw, little smaller wheels, and moving the pivot point up the shift shaft some should accommodate). Very interested in this.
RiftFlyer

#24 Post by RiftFlyer » 26 Mar 2022 11:17

@JustABadGamer I’ve no plans to sell anything. That would be way too much of a headache.

I’m rebuilding the entire unit to improve the robustness of the design. It will have stronger latching electromagnets and a reduced throw. There isn’t much interest in the project from the community but I will continue to share my revisions on the xsimulator motion sim forum. You can have a look over there to see more detail.

https://www.xsimulator.net/community/th ... tor.13017/

Return to “Other”