TrackIR 5

natvander
SCS Software

Re: TrackIR 5

#11 Post by natvander » 04 Jan 2016 03:05

I've had the pro combo for quite a while now and I can't fault the LED clip (except that it looks like I have half an antler hanging off my head). I leave it clipped to my headphones and use them at night when the family's gone to bed. Don't even look like breaking, but I do treat them with care.

My tip - have a button programmed readily at hand to re-centre the screen. I use a button on the G27.

I don't think I could play ETS2 without it now.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
ImADot

#12 Post by ImADot » 04 Jan 2016 03:33

ohaha wrote:I just had an epiphany :D
Yep, there are plenty of Google hits if you search for "TIR Proclip Wireless", as people (not me) have been doing it for years. ;)
Current Setup:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals
Reef

#13 Post by Reef » 04 Jan 2016 11:27

gege21 wrote:Hi Reef ;)
Anyway after some tests and search inside the controls.sii file I found the TIR related line head Z axis :

config_lines[165]: "mix headtrz `sel(trackiron, clamp(trackirz, -0.25, -0.07), 0) + sel(hmdon, hmdz, 0)`"
Interesting, I may have a meddle with those values myself ;)

ohaha wrote:I just had an epiphany :D
I'm sure a visit to the Doctors will cure that :D

But easier than your suggestion is to buy some white reflective dots and stick them on your headphones (left right and top dead centre) and set the TIR program to Track Clip Instead of Track Pro (it then admits a low intensity infrared light that is bounced back off of the reflectors)
I have both the LED clip (attached Borg like to the side of my headphones) and the reflective metal clip (attached to a baseball cap which I use from time to time but can't in the summer as my head gets way too hot) and I can honestly say I cannot tell the difference.
natvander wrote: My tip - have a button programmed readily at hand to re-centre the screen. I use a button on the G27.
^ this

natvander wrote: I don't think I could play ETS2 without it now.
I quite simply CANNOT play ETS2/ATS without it!

I've even tried it with FS15 (which doesn't natively support TIR, boo hiss) but the mod has been causing issues with my logitech profiler, so unfortunately I've now had to uninstall FreePie & Vjoy (needed for the mod to function) and playing FS without TIR again now reminds me of how much I rely on it for immersion.

C'mon GIANTS sort it out plz :(
gege21

#14 Post by gege21 » 04 Jan 2016 14:57

Hi All,

@Reef : I'm a lot wrong saying the setup seat F4 don't react correctly using TIR. Yes it does well. Finaly I reverted back the controls.sii "trackirz" to the default values but now I don't use (uncheck) the XYZ axis on my ETS2 TIR profil so when I set the F4 setup seat feature in game, each time I start my truck the POV is the same. Nevertheless pressing F12 to reset time to time the TIR help also.

Have a nice day

Cheers

Return to “Other”