Game crashes randomly when entering some cities

Klimpan

Game crashes randomly when entering some cities

#1 Post by Klimpan » 12 Jan 2021 16:08

Hi,

Ets2 often crashes when I am entering a city or somewhere else. I am using Promods 2.51, Paris Rebuild, road to the balears, Jazzycat Ai and painted truck traffic and some other graphics, sound, truck, trailer and tuning mods. Can you please help me?

I also often have lag and what should I do for that?

Here is my game.log(pastebin didn´t work for me so i used controlc instead):

https://controlc.com/0d8aefe5 or:
game.log.txt
(218.55 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Please also tell me if i should upgrade something in my pc to get ets2 working better(get better fps with the mods i am using). Upgrading ram or Cpu for example.

PC:
Cpu: I3 8100 4 cores 3.60 GHz
Gpu: GTX 1650 super
Ram: 8 gb 2666 MHz

Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Game crashes randomly when entering some cities

#2 Post by Madkine » 13 Jan 2021 11:04

Review all of your mods and remove any that haven't been updated for 1.39. You've got a few throwing errors and a few requiring on the fly conversions.
Once you've done that your game may be more stable.

Lag/stuttering can be caused by the game writing lots of warnings and errors to your log files. Removing improperly working mods will help (but may not be the only cause of lag/stuttering).

Klimpan

#3 Post by Klimpan » 14 Jan 2021 09:29

Hi,

Thank you very much! The crashes are gone or at least the crashes i had yesterday in Zaragoza.

The lag/stuttering isn´t gone though. :(

What do you mean about removing the mods? You want me to remove the mods from the profile or completly remove them from the computer?

And as I said, should I upgrade my computer to get less lag with all these mods??

Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 14 Jan 2021 12:02

If a mod is out-dated and no longer working properly, both remove it from profiles and your computer.
Of course always remember to sell any modified trucks etc before removing the mod.

These games aren't constructed to take advantage of high spec machines, so don't upgarde unless you 100% know that the issue is your hardware. (And with your machine that's unlikely.)

Klimpan

#5 Post by Klimpan » 14 Jan 2021 15:23

I have now removed many mods with errors and the lag isn´t gone but everything is much smoother.

Thank you very much for the help!! :) :)

Return to “Help center - player to player”